Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just ordered Championship Manager 2003-04 from a nearby vendor and it should arrive by Wendesday. Meanwhile, there are some questions about the game that I need answered from people like you. Please answer these:

1. What are the min. requirements ? I don't think that graphics are so important coz its a strategy game . I dunno. :confused:

2. Is it better/worse than CM4 ?

3. How do you feel when you first played the game ?
I mean, is it worth the little money that I spilled to get it ?

4. What patches will I need immediately after getting the game ?
Where can I get it ?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
1. Reading from the back of the box:

Minimum:

P3 600 MHz, 96 MB RAM (for one league and small database), 300MB free disk space.

Recommended:

P4 1.2 GHz(or higher)
256 MB RAM (or higher)
600 MB free disk space

The only thing thats required of graphics is that the screen resolution must be set to 1024x768 pixels, and color display to 32-bit.

2. Its better. As it doesn't have many of the bugs that plagued CM4, and it has some very good new features as well. Although CM4 EP5 was more or less bug free, 03/04 is more solid.

3. If you are a fan of the CM series, or a fan of manager games, then it is IMO definitley worth the money. You might struggle to find the right tactic, but once you get into the game and understand its mechanisms better, you will find the game really enjoyable.

4. You only need one patch, and you can download it here:

http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/championshipmanager4/patches/win32/cm0304 Patch 4.1.4.exe

If you have speed issues, you can read about how to speed up things on SI's official forum, in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=39919517&m=323104501

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do you have P3 or P4 ?

If it fades out after just starting, what's the likely problem ? :confused:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what I'm trying to say is, what would happen if I haven't got the right pentium processor ? :(

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It might run slower, but that's about it. Though it's supposed to be faster than CM 4, it is still nowhere near the speed of CM 01/02, so you wouldn't be able to run many leagues anyway.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
When you say it fades out, do you then mean that it gets slower?

I have P4 2.54 GHz processor, and 512 MB RAM. And it obviously runs on a good speed on my PC. Whad kind of spesifications does your computer have?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Yes Tim is right, as long as you don't choose many leagues, it should run on a decent speed. I believe Tolga's PC has a Celeron 400 MHz processor and 64 MB RAM (I'm not sure on this, we would have to ask him to be sure), and he can run a couple of divisions on a decent speed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great !

you are my brother !!!!!!

thanx ........... :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, I'm so excited about this I can't wait a few days !!!!!!

What you guys mean when you say 'run a couple of divisions' ?

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
I'm upgrading my RAM from 128 to 256. Will I notice a difference?

my machine is:

P4 1.6 Ghz
30 GB hard disk

It gets slow when you run 4-5 leagues on medium database.

3 leagues on medium just about bearable. Finished 2 seasons in 2 weeks.......rather, I've been addicted for 2 weeks lol :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going back to my questions, I have a Pentium II pro with 96 MB ram, should atleast the Italian league work ok in it ?

I know its lame, but money isn't growing on trees here. :(

·
1st Tier Poster
48,823 Posts
gogol said:
Going back to my questions, I have a Pentium II pro with 96 MB ram, should atleast the Italian league work ok in it ?
It might work, when you select small database and Serie A only.
Officially the minimum requirements for CM 03/04 are Pentium lll 600 and 96 MB RAM.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
gogol said:
I know its lame, but money isn't growing on trees here. :(
Tell me about a place where money does grow on trees. ;)

If you follow Andys suggestion, I'm pretty sure it will work.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dracula said:
Tell me about a place where money does grow on trees. ;)

If you follow Andys suggestion, I'm pretty sure it will work.
wow.... so the machine you got is actually more powerful than mine or what ? :confused:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"I've decided to run only the Brazilian league, as my main objective of starting this game is to get to know the Brazilian league structure better, and play in the Brazilian league (only)" -

something like this with you mean.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I was only joking. :) You said that money doesn't grow on trees where you live, and what I was implying was that it doesn't grow on trees anywhere. Nothing else. It was only a joke. ;)

The reason why I've got a more powerful machine is that I only bought it last year. Before that I had a computer similar to yours for 5 years. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
above, I've quoted you from another thread, look at that plz.

Can I do something like that ?

Reason why I'm being so careful, is that the game won't come cheap here.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
To be honest, I don't think you will be able to run all three Brazilian divisions. As there are 128 teams in the Brazilian 3rd division, in addition to the 48 teams in the 2nd and 1st division. In addition there are numerous state championships. So it might be too much to handle for your PC.

But what you can do, is to run Serie A and Serie B only. That way you will be able to control teams from Serie A and Serie B only, but all the other major teams from other nations will be there as well, they will just not play league matches. And they will also not have full squads.

But all Serie A and Serie B teams will have full squads, and you will be able to compete with any Serie A/B team in all competitions.

I'm pretty sure you can run Serie A & B on small database. You can also offcourse choose to run any other league you want, just as long as you just don't choose too many divisions. You could for example probably run the Brazilian top division only.

I can offcourse not gurantee that this will work, but I'm assuming that it should. Esepcially considering that Tolga has gotten it to work on his PC before, and yours is not that much different from his.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
after installing the game, when I click on the cm0304.exe on the d:\ drive, it says "A required .DLL file, MSVCR71.DLL , was not found."

How many CDs does the game have ? 1 or 2 ?

coz when I click on the .exe file in the start menu, it says "wrong disk inserted".

:confused:

Please help.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts