Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With about 4 or 5 game remaining the conferences look close. In the East, the Islanders look to hold onto that 8th and final position, while NewJersey in 6th place could still end up in 2nd or 3rd depending on the other teams. Thats how close this home ice advantage race is. Now to the West. St.Louis and Edmonton winning tonight, move them into the playoffs and knock out Nashville into 9th. What teams do you think will make the playoffs in the West?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
So hard to call. LA is out I think, and the East is set but they are all fighting for home ice. Its gonna come down to the last games, but I think division winners in the East will be Boston and NJ, and Tampa of course.

The West is Det and SJ, but Van could pip Colorado for that division. They might hold the tiebreak too cause they have one more win.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope Edmonton makes it. It would be all Canadian teams in the playoffs in so many years.

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
All the Islanders need is a win to make it to the playoffs but today is a tough game for them. Hurricanes (Laviolette surely wants to win this game, I bet he would love to know that he was the mana responsible for the Islanders falling out of the playoffs.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts