Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, what do you think?

Was just looking at the remaining playing schedule of Athletic, and I saw some interesting fixtures in about six weeks, when Athletic play Valencia at home (April 20) it looks like this;

In Segunda B;
Sestao River - Bilbao Athletic

In SuperLiga Femenina;
Athletic Club - Colégio Alemán

Checked Sestao's matches this season and so far they've played almost all their matches on Sunday afternoon at 17h.
Athletic Femenino play usually their matches at Sunday in the morning...

This while perhaps the match of Athletic versus Valencia will be moved to Saturday or Sunday evening because of a live TV-coverage. (although that's quite unlikely looking at the table right now, also Santander-Real Madrid & Barça-Espanyol in the same weekend).

Just my question, thinking logically, how would the playing schedule look for that weekend, or is that too hard to guess?

Personally I can't imagine they plan these three matches together, as Sestao will attract much more fans if they won't play on the same time as Athletic, while Athletic Femenino will attract more fans if they don't play together with Bilbao Athletic playing so close to Bilbao...
So for example, when I'm thinking logically, I would think this;
Saturday (19/4) at 17 - Sestao - Bilbao Athletic
Sunday (20/4) at 12 - Athletic Femenino - Colégio Alemán
Sunday (20/4) at 17 / later - Athletic - Valencia...

Would that be possible?

I hope so, but for me it's still complicated, they only announce the exact dates / times just days before the kickoff...

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Makes sense, specially the Athletic Femenino part. But the Sestao - BA.... I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that Athletic plays at the same time as Bilbao Athletic, although what you say is the most probable.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of maybe returning to Bilbao on that same weekend to watch Athletic, so I would be grateful to hear details of other games in the area on the same weekend.:thmbup:
That would be cool!

I'm hoping that it's possible to watch all these three matches of the first, second and women's team, also because Las Llanas (Sestao's ground) is a beautifull small ground, really want to go there once, this is a great oppurtunity of course, but probably it will be announced quite late I think...

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
I wouldn't mind watching Sestao when I visit Bilbao next month, however it might be a bit risky seeing as Saturday afternoon is the best time to get my Athletic ticket. :(

[edit] Might go and watch Portugalete instead on Sunday morning. Would probably be easier.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Valencia game kicks off at 9pm according to the official page.

Have the details of other games in the area been announced for next weekend?
So far only Real Sociedad and Eibar announced they'll play at home at Sunday-evening at 18.00.

Perhaps a combi is possible, just checked on the Termibus website, when leaving in San Sebastian at 19.30, the bus arrives in Bilbao at 20.40, so theoritically it's possible to watch the first half and a bit of the second in Anoeta and then move as fast as possible to San Mames. For Eibar it's the same.
Although I don't know or these busses will arrive on time at Termibus on a match day, maybe it's too risky?

Sestao and Lemona didn't announce the exact date yet... it's waiting for some nice Saturday game and / or a Sunday morning one, probably Portugalete will play at Sunday morning, but actually I hope for Santutxu to play at Sunday morning so I can watch a match at Mallona on top of the Casco Viejo :D.

Anyway, it's waiting untill more will be announced.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
http://www.athletic-club.net/acc/home.asp?a=0&b=50&noticia=6694&idi=1

Anyone knows what that means btw, something with member-cards?
Nah, it doesn't affect you. It's for the socios who don't go to the game, if they tell the club they will sell their ticket and give them part of what they earn.

The Sestao - Bilbao Athletic will be on Saturday at 6pm.

At 5pm the Lemona - Osasuna B, just in case.

Santutxu - Gatika, Sunday at 11:15am.
http://www.fvf-bff.org/publico/horarios.asp?idioma=ca&idCategoria=10&idCompeticion=140

Baskonia - Arenas, Saturday at 5pm.

Portugalete - Vitoria, Sunday at 11:30am.

Gernika - Santurtzi, Sunday at 5pm.
http://www.eff-fvf.org/pub/horarios.asp?idioma=ca&idCompeticion=2

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the info Iribar. Does the fact that the Valencia game is on TV mean that it might be easier to get tickets? I should arrive in Bilbao on Friday afternoon, so I will go straight to San Mames to buy a ticket!

Sorry about my ignorance, but where will the Sestao - Bilbao Athletic game be held?

Hopefully I will see Knoert somewhere in Bilbao see we can drink some more patxaran!

Aupa!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Thanks for the info Iribar. Does the fact that the Valencia game is on TV mean that it might be easier to get tickets?
Yes, Sunday night and on tv it's easier. Still, you better go directly for the tickets when you arrive.

Sestao River plays at Las Llanas, it's not far from the Sestao metro station (line 2).

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the details Iribar, very helpfull, especially those links. :thumbsup:

For sure I'll visit the Athletic game :cool: and the Sestao one, actually when I was in Bilbao last year I already decided to visit Sestao because of the stadium.
Also the Santutxu game I'd love to go to, just because the beautifull place Mallona is located.

As for Saturday afternoon I'm not sure yet, the only options seem to be returning to Gernika :heart:, or see a half match in Ipurua or Anoeta, which would still be a unique experience for me... still have some days to decide :D.

Hopefully I will see Knoert somewhere in Bilbao see we can drink some more patxaran!
We should really do that!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds like a good plan -

Saturday - Sestao v BA

Sunday morning - Santutxu v Gatika (great location for a football pitch!)

Sunday evening - Athletic v Valencia

Does the Welsh player Rob Davies still play for Barakaldo?

Thanks for all the info!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Ticket sales:

ATHLETIC CLUB - VALENCIA CF
SAN MAMES TICKET OFFICE

Friday, de 17:30 a 20.00 horas.
Saturday, de 10:30 a 13:30 / de 17:30 a 20:00 horas.
Sunday, de 10:30 a 13:30 / desde las 19:00 horas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts