Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We kind of know what the 1st 11 is going to look like and we kind of know half of who the subs are going to be. There have been a few players that Lippi has not yet called up who I think he should for a friendly because they could be very important squad players.

Here are my names:

Moretti
Panucci
Fiore
Marchionni
Perrotta
Lucarelli

I actually want to see all of the above in the squad for Germany and up to this point you would think that Lippi has not really given the indication that he would be keen on those.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I think both Marchionni & Perrotta will be called, for next friendly & for germany..

Lippi likes the way Marchionni recovered his form rapidly after a long standing injury, he commented about calling him on "Domenica Sportiva", & Perrotta's form cannot be ignored, plus we need a player like him in the squad..

On the other hand i don't think Lippi is keen on Moretti & Panucci & Fiore, but you never know!!
As for Lucarelli, he's probably getting the call for the next friendly, but for the WC?! It depends on Cassano;s situation

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Jonathan Bachini!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Manuel Pasqual for definate. Zambro is injured anyway. Pasqual is better than Grosso, Chielini and Moretti. Maybe Balzeretti!
Isnt Perotta usually called up anyway.
Hopefully wont call up Blasi! tho Lippi seems to have a strong affection for him!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Vaughany said:
Manuel Pasqual for definate. Zambro is injured anyway. Pasqual is better than Grosso, Chielini and Moretti. Maybe Balzeretti!
Isnt Perotta usually called up anyway.
Hopefully wont call up Blasi! tho Lippi seems to have a strong affection for him!
pasqual is not better than grosso at anything.........well hes faster, thats all.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
A long shot, but my dream is to see Morfeo wearing the blue of the Azzurri. Come on just once..

I would like to see Pasqual and Lucarelli called up as well. And it seems everyone has already forgotten about Miccoli but I would love to see him back.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With Totti's recent injury, I think we should definately call up Cassano and Fiore.

If I was Lippi I would experiment with Pirlo in Totti's position. Pirlo has what it takes except that he doesn't have Totti's physical strength. But in terms of skill, I think they are on par.

For the next friendly, I would like to see Lippi try this:

--------------Buffon-----------------

Panucci---Canna---Moretti---Pasqual?

------Camo---Fiore---Perrotta-------

---------------Pirlo------------------

-----------Toni----Cassano----------

In the second half, I want to see this:

------------De Sanctis------------

Oddo---Nesta---Moretti---Balzaretti

Fiore---Pirlo---De Rossi---Marchionni

---------Lucarelli---Del Piero-------

With players like Fiore, Pirlo, Marchionni, Camoranesi, Cassano and Del Piero in the team, I think we can create quite a lot without Totti in the squad.

·
Registered
251 Posts
there is no way pirlo can play as a trequartista, he doesn't have the speed or physical ability, i think a direct substitute for Totti is the only answer ie Del Piero or Cassano

------------------Buffon-------------------

Zambrotta-----Cannavaro---Nesta----Grosso

------------------Pirlo---------------------

----------Camoranesi-------Gattusso-------

-----------------Del Piero------------------

-----------Gilardino-----Toni---------------

OR

------------------Buffon-----------------

Zambrotta---Cannavaro----Nesta-----Grosso

-------Gattusso-----Pirlo-----De Rossi-----

----------Cassano----Del Piero-------

------------------Toni---------------------

With the second of the two formations, creativity comes from pirlo, del piero and cassano (as well as goals), Toni is the lone target man (as he has been in a number of games for the viola this season) and Gattusso and De Rossi are the ball winners. The defence is self explanatory.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts