Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Examples of players who came to a club in their prime or as promising youngsters and have their career go downhill from there. Which club is the main culprit.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Reyes when he joined Arsenal is what comes to mind at the moment.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Chelsea are the main culprits. Sidwell, Wright-Phillips, Parker, Sheva etc
At least SWP and Sidwell look to be doing well at City and Villa. Still they've both damaged their development. In 2004 SWP was the best RW in the Premiership. At the time he was better than Ronaldo, and could have become much better. Its a shame he didn't join Arsenal.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
At least SWP and Sidwell look to be doing well at City and Villa. Still they've both damaged their development. In 2004 SWP was the best RW in the Premiership. At the time he was better than Ronaldo, and could have become much better. Its a shame he didn't join Arsenal.
SWP was an amazing talent but you couldn't compare him to Ronaldo... Robinho at best i suppose

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
At the time Ronaldo was barely 17.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Baptista to Madrid
Cassano to Madrid
Owen to Madrid
Beckham to Madrid
Woodgate to Madrid

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Cassano's career was already on its way downhill.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I'm surprised people are mentioning Owen :howler: Infact we revived his career. We bought him for what 8-12M Euros and sold him for 25 M Euros. That hardly suggests his career went downhill after he joined because its the complete opposite. His career went downhill when he left to Newcastle.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
SWP was an amazing talent but you couldn't compare him to Ronaldo... Robinho at best i suppose
At the time he was 19 btw, not 17. And at the time SWP was better, the only winger better than him at the time in the Premiership was Arjen Robben. People were raving about Ronaldo, but SWP was brilliant.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I know that a lot of players went down when they signed for Chelsea. But IMO the problem was Jose. I still love him, but Sheva, SWP, Parker and the others lived their worst moments with him on the bench. At the other hand, look at Scolari. He is recovering the best version of some players that seem to be struggling, like Ashley Cole, Malouda, and specially, Anelka (even SWP was having a very good preseason this summer before being sold).

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Chelsea are the main culprits. Sidwell, Wright-Phillips, Parker, Sheva etc
Do you thinkSWP got the short end of the stick at Chelsea?:flirt::D,You have to wonder if SWP and Gary Coleman are much difference in height.:flirt::pp

1 - 20 of 22 Posts