Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
70,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will be about the players who don't get called up every match or ones who have not yet been called up by Bilic, but guys who you believe should have a spot in the national team. Could be interesting to see, as for me Bilic chooses the same guys and never shakes anything up, mainly in friendlies (no excuse for not playing one today). Sure once in a while Bilic calls up a young talent, but outside of Mandzukic they never even make the bench while we still see guys like Olic, Leko, Drpic in the team

Again, not saying these guys should be in the starting XI, but definetetly they have room in the full squad

Here are my candidates:
- Bojan Vrucina (Slaven Belupo): If Kalinic can get in the squad, why can't Vrucina? We are not talking about a guy like Zekic, one who is in his late 20's and scores goals for lower HNL clubs. He has been one of the most consistent scorers in the HNL for a few years, he plays for a solid Slaven Belupo side, he is still young and he played well in their European run. It will be interesting to see where he moves in the winter if he does

Srdjan Andric (Hajduk Split): This guy is a good player in my opinion, solid enough for the NT and that's why he is being scouted by Bundesliga clubs. Hard working midfielder, with Kovac going out he can be a good backup for Vukojevic

Mate Bilic (Sporting Gijon): The guy is one of the top scorers in La Liga, enough said, good enough to see what he can do.

Bilic should still continue to call-up Subasic (Hajduk), Ilicevic (Furth) and Mandzukic (Dinamo). My stretch guys (based on form) are Cale (Trabzonspor), Lakic (Kaiserslautern) and Dujmovic (depending where he moves in the winter)

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
good idea for a thread!

My votes would be Lakic and Bilic. At this point Klasnic is doing f all and Budan seems to have faded away after the injury and the horrible preformance in the Euros. Why not give one of these guys a shot in the striker role as a sub.

I would also like to see Ilicevic or Sharbini get a call up and some time in a friendly. Maybe Pamic, but i havent heard much about him this year.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Vrućina and Bilić should get a look at.

Also a LB which wuld be Šerić or Čale-.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Genoa. 33-year-old defensive midfielder.
He knows how to play football as well. A very well rounded player.

Based on ability and form, he should, without a doubt, be on our NT.

Same goes for Mate Bilic.

If Kalinic and Mandzukic have a place on our team, than Rukavina does as well.

I would also give Anas a couple of call-ups as well, to bad his head seems to be in the wrong place.

I think he is to complacent at Rijeka, and he needs a change of scenery. He will either become the player many expect him to be, or completely fail IMO.

Im not high on Cale, Lakic, or Vrucina.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Rukavina hasn't played much at Panathanikos so i don't think he deserves a call up.

Klasnic should be dropped, the guy hasn't even scored this season, Bilic should take his place.

Juric is unlucky, he plays for one of the most exciting teams in Serie A but because of his age it is unlikely that we will ever see him in the NT.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Rukavina hasn't played much at Panathanikos so i don't think he deserves a call up.

Klasnic should be dropped, the guy hasn't even scored this season, Bilic should take his place.

Juric is unlucky, he plays for one of the most exciting teams in Serie A but because of his age it is unlikely that we will ever see him in the NT.

Samar--

Your argument are all logically based.

But, I would continue to call up Ante to the team, the guy will find a way to score. Sure, he has not gotten much time with Pana'kos, but does he really need it? He is young yes, but he is already showing that he will be a complete professional. This is good news. He will be a useful utility to any team much less the National Team. His role will never change--and he is solid at it.

As for Klasnic, I feel the same way. He does not appear to be slow, just not scoring. He somehow found a way to score in the last game of the last big tourney, and that is to his merit. He will continue to do so.

The NT is not a vaccuum and yes certain parts should be easily substituted, but some things cannot. Bad move to base his ability on strictly club performance.

It is early yet besides, to tell for certain what the right combination may provide.

But for now I can say that I see things a bit differently.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Its not his age. We have two guys older than him, playing for lower clubs, who play less than him, and are guranteed starters.

Everything I mentioned is fact, so it cant be age, right?

The fact he has noooo media support is the main reason he will never see the NT.

Juric is good but we dont really need him as far as i can tell...by 2010 we will be running into another kovac issue with him then
:howler:

Juric said he wouldnt go to Hajduk at the end of his career to collect an easy check like most guys.

The guy is as classy as the come.

The Kovaci are in a league of their own. :smileani:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Juric, as far as I know is a creative midfileder and not defensive orientated so there isn't a hole he can fill in the side so it's understandable why no mention has been made of him.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Samar--

Your argument are all logically based.

But, I would continue to call up Ante to the team, the guy will find a way to score. Sure, he has not gotten much time with Pana'kos, but does he really need it? He is young yes, but he is already showing that he will be a complete professional. This is good news. He will be a useful utility to any team much less the National Team. His role will never change--and he is solid at it.
But Ruki didn't exactly set the HNL alight, he has shown his potential but it is up to him to concentrate on his game and get some game time at his club.

I'm a pretty big follower of if you don't play for your club then you don't play for your NT.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
And HS are you serious about Andric has he really been doing that well.
He was a joke in Green.:pp
HS isn't joking. Looking at Cro league there's only one serious contender for DM in NT - Andric. He is a good, useful player, despite what Pao and Greek football fans might think about him. In any case ATM without any doubt better choice than Niko Kovac.

·
Registered
70,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Andric also had some knee injuries, which might have affected him in Greece. He has a good strong shot, some leadership abilities and solid defensively. He still isn't that old yet either (28 or 29?) certainly worth a shot

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.