Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which players do you feel failed to take advantage of the gifted talents that they possess.It could be anyone you feel fits this thread.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true about Edmundo showed some excellent class and potential at Fiorentina sadly his temperamental side has got the better of him.Di Canio surely has to be another the talented Lazio star has proven what a wonderful talent he is yet we know the rest.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
i think someone like Julen Guerrero. injuries and commitment to his club have probably limited him a lot. Hats off to him for loyalty though, who knows what he could have done somewhere else. :thmbup:

Totti has the same problem with sticking with his own club when he could have probably done more elsewhere, but at least he has made a fortune and has built up a pretty big reputation for himself. Even though nobody outside of Italy seems to rate him much at all :(

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
De La Pena obviously, but yet his career is not over and he already made it to the national-team this season. Hope there's more to come after this great season he has so far.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick Kluivert could be another although many may not rate him as a great talent,But surely may've done more.Claudio Caniggia and Carlos Aguilera were another 2 who showed alot yet then dissapeared.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Oh yeah and Lee Sharpe. A tremendously talented left sided player who could have been one of the best in that position throughout the world. He threw it all away and England proceded to spend the 90's with a weakness on the left wing. :(

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah sharpey one guy I'll never forget showed so much potential,Stan Collymore could be considered also.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Matt Le Tissier, if he had bothered to train hard and actually run a bit he could have been world class.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Matt Le Tissier, if he had bothered to train hard and actually run a bit he could have been world class.
Agreed. Although I think he already was world class but could have been a true great... especially for the England team. I don't think he even used the peak of his skill even though he was one of the best around, since it came natural to him he didn't bother to improve it.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thomas Doll was a fine player yet I thought he was going to be around alot longer.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Marc said:
Agreed. Although I think he already was world class but could have been a true great... especially for the England team. I don't think he even used the peak of his skill even though he was one of the best around, since it came natural to him he didn't bother to improve it.
he was just a lazy bastard :D

look at him now since he packed up, he just plays golf and eats a lot.

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Kluivert definitely

Abdul said:
What happened to Darren Anderton?
he's now at Birmingham City and not injured ! :shades:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Rafael van der Vaart
is he considered finished in Holland already? :confused:

i know they're proud of their youth development over there, but at 22 players are still considered quite young in most other countries ;)

Van Persie is of the same age and nationality but he is considered potentially a star of the future at Arsenal :star:

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
I'd say Kinkladze too. He looked such a star at Man City but was never the same after his move to Ajax.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Batistuta, anyone who ever played for Inter

1 - 20 of 72 Posts