365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which player in any league is never criticised for any mistake

Terry
Gerrard
Raul
Henry

e.g.
Terry ... a couple of years ago he was slow to receive a back pass from Babayaro. We all know what happened to poor Babayaro. He was also at fault against Bayern but they'll kill you if you mention it.

Gerrard .... Single-handedly gave the mickey mouse cup to chelsea. The english media and our fellow xtratimers were quick to defend him. "It's unlike Gerrard", the commentator kept on shouting. "We are used to seeing Traore make this sort of errors". Together with Becks, they gave the game to France in the euro. Poor Heskey was nearly killed for "causing a free-kick" at the edge of the box. Heskey never played for england again

Raul ... Has sucked consistantly for 3 years but is still captain of Madrid and spain. :depress:

Henry ... Only manage to score against the likes of N.City now. He is dragging France down. All is always forgotten after he gets his trademark hattrick against some relagation strugglers.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
You can tell you're not from England, Gerrard got blamed by the British press for the mistakes you outlined. And has come under quite abit of criticism from scousers about the amount he opens his gob to the press about a possible move in the summer.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
He doesn't play for us anymore, but when he did Kinkladze could do no wrong, according to Derby fans, despite being lazy, overweight and looking like he didn't want to be playing. Someone would play a ball about a yard away from him, and he would stand still and look at it, then everyone would scream abuse at the player who passed the ball....which always baffled me.

There would be uproar if he was on the bench, and the crowd would chant 'we want kinky on' he would come on and most of the time do absolutely nothing, but next wek the same chants would be heard.

And that would be because on those rare occasions when he showed the type of skill which people remembered him for at Man City...they were rare occasions though.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
papa said:
Henry ... Only manage to score against the likes of N.City now. He is dragging France down. All is always forgotten after he gets his trademark hattrick against some relagation strugglers.

hahaha...... :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Javier Zanetti will never be blamed. Recoba who's sitting on the bench will always be the culprit :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Seriously Papa, you're Calcio aren't you? ^^

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
jimbo jones said:
He doesn't play for us anymore, but when he did Kinkladze could do no wrong, according to Derby fans, despite being lazy, overweight and looking like he didn't want to be playing. Someone would play a ball about a yard away from him, and he would stand still and look at it, then everyone would scream abuse at the player who passed the ball....which always baffled me.

There would be uproar if he was on the bench, and the crowd would chant 'we want kinky on' he would come on and most of the time do absolutely nothing, but next wek the same chants would be heard.

And that would be because on those rare occasions when he showed the type of skill which people remembered him for at Man City...they were rare occasions though.

that sounds like Charlie Nicholas at the Arsenal, most of the time he was utter rot, although not helped by the Arsenal system playing long balls up when Charlie wanted it to his feet in midfield, but the crowd would still chant his name ten times more than anyone else.

every four games he did some dazzling run beating about four men and that would keep him going until the next dribble.

mind he did score very good goals against Spurs though so maybe that'e why he was so loved.

these days though he is very good as a pundit, obviously still loves the Arsenal a lot.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kampfschwein said:
Seriously Papa, you're Calcio aren't you? ^^
No

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
leoshev said:
Javier Zanetti will never be blamed. Recoba who's sitting on the bench will always be the culprit :D
Ask anyone after the 0-6 game and they would disagree.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
You can tell you're not from England, Gerrard got blamed by the British press for the mistakes you outlined. And has come under quite abit of criticism from scousers about the amount he opens his gob to the press about a possible move in the summer.
Why do you reply to the sh1te posted by papa?

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Owzat;

:rollani:If you don't like the posts by Papa, then put him in the ignore list:cool:

I for one, love the thread.

Fact is that players like Raul that has had a terrible two year spell, still gets a starting spot, gets called to start in the NT and there is no sign that he is improving. The Madrid media still has not even come cloe to admitting that he is having a bad season.

I will add Zidane, I have had many discussions in the last two months here about Zizou and most people still talk about Zidane as some type World Class footballer. They guy has done nothing in over a year except draw the largest salary in Spain;)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
barça said:
Owzat;

:rollani:If you don't like the posts by Papa, then put him in the ignore list:cool:
I like his posts simply because idiots opinions should be exposed so they get the ridicule they deserve

Anyway I've put people on ignore on other forums before but anybody who has done that and doesn't find it irritating in its own right must be dim, it means you can be reading replies and lose track of the whole thread and no matter who stupid the person in ignore might be it fecks up the whole thread.

Just cause he's an idiot doesn't mean I have to put him on ignore, I just don't read what he puts. It has nothing to do with you anyway, I was asking SM online why he bothers replying to the imbecile

1 - 20 of 72 Posts