• J. Simunic

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of these guys have played before, some haven't and some still have to prove themselves. Who would you like to see fill in the remaining 7 spots for the vatreni? pick the best, and discuss.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I voted for Seric, he has been outstanding all season long, and that left back position will be empty if Jarni is unfit.

Rukavina was, and is a great player. I loved his style on the right, and he would be a good replacement for both Stanic and Zivkovic.

Maric hasn't any luck, but I hope to see him sorting our jersey in the Euro wualifiers.

I. Leko has been playing better and better, and with Prosinecki as our only midfield creator, Leko should not have been overlooked in these friendlies, at least the Korea ones.

Saric is a regular, and can play in the midgield and in defense. Very versatile.

Hrman might still impress, as he will probably play in the next friendly.

Simunic will get a spot I think, and I can see him actually playing at the WC.

hese players are not world class, but the numbers have to be filled, and players like are neccessary to succeeed at the international level. Players like Soldo, Jurcic, Stanic etc. were important factors in our success both in the WC and EURO96

Maybe not the most attractive, but they all have duties for the team.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spwolf said:
well I want to pick two guys
darn thing won't let me set up a vote like that, just discuss both guys :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Well I think you know who the two guys are:

Ivan Leko - one of the few creative midfielders that we have, playing better and better. I expect him to become world class player if he gets more chances next year

Tomislav Maric - I think his form in next games will decide if he will be called up or not

Seric will most likely be called up anyway Simunic might as well, considering we have some injured def players

Only thing that really extremly sucks is that Tudor will not be 100% ready for the WC - he wont play any games left in the season and thats a major setback... hopefully Simic gets more playing time as well, he is injured again as well

·
©
7,230 Posts
I feel sorry for Rukavina. He was such a great talent but chose to go to a relegation bound team and to make it worse got a long term injury which by the time he had recovered he was stuck in Serie B.:( He isn't even in the matchday squad at Venezia now. I heard talk of him going back to Dinamo.

I know it is to late now but I wish Strupar was given the chance to play. He has scored goals everywhere and it is a shame that we lost him to Belgium.

Out of that list I hope that Leko gets a go.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
wualifiers.

Priceless:) :) :D

Kualas, Wallabies, "Waltzing"

Now we cultureless North Americans know some more down under dialect.;) :tongue: ;) :)

Cheers mate.:)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah crap, JureM will be all over me again, it's the same spelling mistake I made months ago, you just watch his reaction when he sees it.

Thanks a lot Ljubuski :mad: ;)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
It's 2:35am here in Eastern time zone NA. He's probably sleeping. Get rid of it before he finds out. Don't worry.

I dunno know nuthin'. I didn't see nuthin'.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah, I was never one to weasel my way out of something. I'll take the brunt of his ridicule, I don't mind :)

though I'm always here to pounce, he'd just better watch his spelling, that's all I'm gonna say ;) :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
T.Maric, IMO, will be a certainty if he can get fit and be ready for the next friendly.

Leko, who has been making regular appearances should also have been given a chance to play, or Nenad Bjelica. He could play that creative position. I know it's probably too late for him, but still....can't see either of these two going.

Simunic has his seat booked for Japan.

Seric - big chance for him....this is his opportunity to prove that he can take over Jarni in the future....hopefully he can do the job.

Rukavina - had a blinder in Zagreb against Yugo but has since done a David Copperfield vanishing act...such a pity.

P.S if 7 spots are up for grabs, who are the 16 certainties?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They haven't been named. I would say Pletikosa, Butina,Tudor, Simic, Kovac, Zivkovic, Jarni, Soldo, Tomas, Prosinecki, Stanic, Rapaic, Vugrinec, Boksic, Suker and Vlaovic. I can't see us there without these guys.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ah give it up :) ;)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Alright I'll give it up....actually, let's all give it up for Maric!!

Hip hip hooray!

You da man Maric:strong:

:tongue:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe he gives Dinamo the title this year :cool: :D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20