Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story has even gotten to skysports, so here you have it in english :)

After Sweden and the Republic of Ireland, now it's the turn of Denmark to stage a training ground bust-up.

In front of astonished members of the Danish press, Chelsea winger Jesper Gronkjaer and Bolton's Stig Tofting engaged in a wrestling match after an incident which also involved another Premiership player, Everton's Thomas Gravesen.

The scuffle started after Gronkjaer was ambushed by Tofting and Gravesen, who jumped on the winger during stretching exercises, sprayed him with water bottles and put ice cubes down his shorts.

The good-natured horseplay turned sour after Gronkjaer hurt his eye, was seen by the team doctor and then went to confront Tofting.

Words were exchanged before the pair wrestled each other to the ground with Tofting's hand around his team-mate's throat.

An eyewitness said: "They were just horsing around before then suddenly it was a serious fight.

"It was over quickly, maybe five or six seconds, but it was a real fight - Tofting had his hand around his throat.

"Team officials shouted `stop, stop' and Tofting finally let him go."

Afterwards, Danish FA official Jim Stjerne-Hansen told journalists: "These players need a kindergarten teacher to sort them out."

So what do you all think? The TV stations and Ritzau are playing down the incident, only showing the fun part whereas BT and EB are making a huge fuss of it.

I'm not sure what to believe, but I guess as long as they kiss and make up it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't be surprised if it really did happen in the dramatic way, what with Tøfting being involved and all, but on the other hand it is not common for the Danish players to get into fights - thye always act like one big happy family.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
They showed it on DR1. They only showed the fun part though. Where they were spraying watter on each other and phorsing around in a fun mood. But that it turned out to be a serious and dramatic fight was kept out of the story. Well I don't know what to think.
First of all I think it's a silly thing to do and very unprofessional. IF it happened that way! It's also something I don't think they ment in a 'evil' way. It just sounds like another prank from Gravesen.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I also occasionally like a little watersplash after a gome(I prefer a won game) but it actually doesnt look like either tøfting or Grønkjær is enjoying themselves here.
Tøfting, BTW, doesnt exactly have a good reputation with voilence, and confrontations. but let's just hope its a mediaspin :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't believe in this at all!!!

Its so typical that these magazines write something like this:rolleyes:

Also, why would the television choose not to show the incident if something really happend???

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good point, but I still think there has been an argument after the 'waterfight' If I was Grønkjær(and I am, secretly) I'd been pissed to have two fully grown men on top of me(WITH THEIR CLOTHES ON!!) trying to splash me with water. But I doubt there was a fight. thats the media running wild! :)

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kee said:
I'd been pissed to have two fully grown men on top of me(WITH THEIR CLOTHES ON!!)
So would you have preferred them to have no clothes on at all? ;) :D

Judging by yesterdays comments from the Danish camp, I doubt there have been an incident at all. Sure Grønkjær got a suger-water mix in his eyes and that can't have been pleasent, but if Morten Olsen says he witnessed the thing and that there was no fight I believe him. He is not the type of coach who would tolerate fights between players.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
It wasn't Gravesen, I saw him on TV, he said it was Boegelund who did't it.

Anyway I'll put my money on "The Mad Dog" if it comes to a fight. Still I think it is unfair the Toefting and Boegelund was two against Groenkar.

·
Registered
710 Posts
:eekani:

That isnt Gravesen!!?
If not we have to be dealing with a severe situation of 'Long lost twins'
I mean, Bøgelund has hair, and it doesnt apear on the pic that the person on the top has, in my oppinion. but if Gravesen says so... :rollani:

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bøgelund has shaved his head, but take it from a woman - the man in the pic IS Gravesen!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
My Spin on things:

Sure it might have started as a joke but i bet Toffe (is that Toeftings's nickname) and Gravesen were just rehearsing what they are going to do to Recoba on Saturday evening :hopefull:. With Groenkjaer being a quick and skillful player he was a perfect role model :D

Anyway i hope its a good game and Uruguay don't flood the midfield and stifle the game like they did against us (which they going by what their coach is saying) :cool:. Denmark are expected to lineup in their "Ajax-style" 4-2-1-3 (i.e 4-3-3) formation but whether that actually happens is yet to be seen :undecide:

Of course if Denmark are getting hammered then i hope that your defensive midfield duo decapitate Recoba because apart from the fact i think he's overrated, i just don't like the guy and i think he is quite cocky :stuckup: :irritate:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Ane said:
Bøgelund has shaved his head, but take it from a woman - the man in the pic IS Gravesen!
I'm sure Gravesen was just trying to make them calm down, it was Boegelund who started, as Gravesen said; "It's always Boegelund who starts troubles".

I think Boegelund better keep a low profile the next week or so.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Rimmer said:

I'm sure Gravesen was just trying to make them calm down, it was Boegelund who started, as Gravesen said; "It's always Boegelund who starts troubles".
Well in the picture we all keep refering to, it doesnt really look like Gravesen is trying to calm things down. it actually looks as the opposite, him spraying water into Grønkjærs eyes wouldnt be a very effective way to calm things down... :rollani:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What's wrong with you guys, can't you understand any irony or what :howler:? When Gravesen said that, there's absolutely NO doubt it was ironic, it's typical Danish and it's typical Graver.

Daniel

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
DBOY said:
What's wrong with you guys, can't you understand any irony or what :howler:? When Gravesen said that, there's absolutely NO doubt it was ironic, it's typical Danish and it's typical Graver.

Daniel

Hi DBOY, I was begining to think that I was the only member at X-tratime who understand the Graver-humor.

Anyway what do you think DBU should do about troublemaker Boegelund?????????

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think they should pay for a hair-transplantation for him, maybe he would have less frustrations ;). Anyway, I'm not sure wether it's bad, I think it could be a healthy thing with a little 'trouble', as there's too much 'perfectness' in our camp which doesn't give the necesarry vibe - I don't know if you follow.

Daniel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts