Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight members of last seasons title-winning under-19 squad have been released by Liverpool.

Matty Parry, Alan Coupe, Neil Prince, Brian McIlroy, Tony Morton, David Chambers, Leon Noel and Mark Thomas all played a part in the success enjoyed by Hughie McAuley's side last season, but will now be looking to pursue their football careers elsewhere.

----------------------------------------------------
Reserve goalkeeper Jorgen Nielsen is heading for the Anfield exit door after being told his contract with the club will not be renewed.

The Danish stopper joined Liverpool from Hvidovre in March 1997 but has failed to make a competitive first team appearance for the Reds and his departure will not come as a surprise.

Another player out of contract is striker John Miles and he has also been told he can leave.

Locally born, Miles came through the ranks at the Academy but, like Nielsen, has found it difficult to break into the first team frame.

-------------------------------------------------
So Liverpool released 10 players. I can understand the Jorgen Nielsen case but why Liverpool have to release those under 19 players? They might become a star, but I think if they will, they should have by now.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
why dont Liverpool release or sell Igor Biscan??? man, he's been there 2 seasons and has hardly played, and i can't see him playing that much in the new season, especially now that Diouf has been signed.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
You mean Diao perhaps since Biscan and him play at the same role whereas Diouf is a striker. ;) I think we'll release Biscan soon, and hopefully, Smicer as well...

I agree with you on the kids Arthro, I seriously don't get why we have to release them, especially if they won the league title last season! Releasing players from a successful team doesn't make sense to me since they surely can't be bad.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Smicer and Biscan should be listed. they havent done jack. also, i agree with Rannan, not a good idea. L'pool has the dubious distinction (along with Ajax) of having a great youth team and producing their own players unlike Real Madrid and Inter

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Miles sale was a big mistake (ok slight exageration) but with work he could have been very good...

It does strike me as odd though, especially when you consider that it was only 2 years ago that we ploughed all that money in to youth facilities...

and when the hell will we see more of Patridg I want to know!!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm not too worried about releasing these players, we've never really made a huge mistake by releasing one of our best talents and then them going on to be a great player. I remember being rather pissed off when we let go of Layton Maxwell and Ian Armstrong, but both of them are playing in Div 2, neither is doing anything special. GH has to oversee all of the releases anyway.

I wouldn't really like to release Biscan and Smicer, that's about £8m's worth of outlay wasted. I think Biscan definitely deserves a chance. Yeah, I want to see Partridge soon aswell, I think he made the bench last year and played a bit, so hopefully he won't be released.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
ButI still tink that Maxwel couldhave been a very good player if he had the likes of the Liverpool lads to help him along...

Still releasing all those players does seem a bit of a waste bu I'm sure that they know what they are dong

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
They aren't going to release players if they think they have a realistic chance of making the first team. Just think how many players we have at the academy, if just one of those players makes it into the first team squad each year it will be a very good return, but obviously we can't keep the rest of them. Can you imagine the size of our reserve team if we kept them all, we'd have 300 players in the reserves!;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts