Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to dedicate this thread to players who can play out of position and the moments they have done doing so

I nominate firstly Koeller, who I remember seeing making class saves as a makeshift goal keeper.

Today Rio Ferdinand played as a centre-forward.
I also heard that the Georgian defender Shashiashvili, who played for Dinamo Belizee and CCR once blew a team away by doing the same thing.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It happens quite often that central defenders are being pushed up front when their coaches get desperate for a strong presence in the area to kick crosses in.

Chris Sutton was a fine center-back, even if he was normally a striker.

There is also a guy in the Greek league called Stavros Labriakos, who is normally a striker but can play brilliant in defence - and he often does it. He's REALLY good in defence, to the point everyone is wondering why he isn't playing there all the time...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I think Jorge Campos used to be a striker, before turning into a goalie for the Mexican national team

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Haider said:
I think Jorge Campos used to be a striker, before turning into a goalie for the Mexican national team
True. In his goodbye match he played the first half as a goalie and the second half as a striker :proud:

·
Registered
59,176 Posts
Gary Doherty when he plays up front :D :D

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
1935-6
After injuries ruled out both forwards, Luton Town reserve wing-back Joe Payne had to play for the first time as a striker in the home game v Bristol Rovers.
He scored ten goals in a 12-0 win, which is still the record.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Next season he scored 55 league goals, went on to play once for England - scoring two goals - and then the war came.
I think his International ratio of two goals per game makes him better than Maradona, Lineker, Pele etc;)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
Next season he scored 55 league goals, went on to play once for England - scoring two goals - and then the war came.
I think his International ratio of two goals per game makes him better than Maradona, Lineker, Pele etc;)
Nice :)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
David Di Michele that is a forward, played as a keeper the last 2 minutes of the game Lecce-Udinese (4-5) and saved a penalty. He's an hero since that day:D

Giampiero Pinzi wich is a central midfielder since this season are playing always on the right and with great results too.

Nestor Sensini played in all possibles roles, now he's a central defender

Felipe is a central defender and he's playing on left

...and so on....

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Kolo Toure's played on the right wing, right back, central midfield, centre back, left wing and as a striker for Arsenal.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I still can't get used to seeing Mihajlovic in defence. I know he used to play in a far higher up position when he was with Sampdoria.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Arianna said:
David Di Michele that is a forward, played as a keeper the last 2 minutes of the game Lecce-Udinese (4-5) and saved a penalty. He's an hero since that day:D
Don't forget to mention that he scored 2 times in that game and then he saved the penalty :thmbup:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
il_capitano said:
Don't forget to mention that he scored 2 times in that game and then he saved the penalty :thmbup:
indeed:D and...another thing: tomorrow is his birtday:party:

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
yaf said:
Today Rio Ferdinand played as a centre-forward. .
what are you talking about.........

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Well make it easier make a search about almost every player under Bilardo s management, and you will find Balbo playing as RB, Sensisni everywhere as arianna said, Bilardo is a crazy man, he make the most strange things you can imagine..

BTW, from recent years Lothar, the great and almost forgotten Mathauss, excelled from playmaker, to defender, passing through def mid, to make a man on man marking on Maradona, HE WAS AN EXCELLENT PLAYER!!!!!!, but I guess everyone here always thinks aren-t that good and silly stuff like that, hail to Lothar!!, he is precisly the bastard that makes possibly the crazy stuff that coaches like Bilardo did as if everyone is as good as him, but I can t help myself loving the teuton, an awesome player...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts