Xtratime Community banner

Players needed...

684 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  2face 
#1 ·
No, it's not a classified advertisement! Or perhaps is... It all depends on how Lazio's money box is full (or rather empty, I would say) and also on Lotito's will to spend. Our president has already stated something à la Blade Runner, kind of "I will buy players whom Lazio fans haven't even thought of". That sounds like a promise. Or maybe a threat? Anyway, it seems that Lazio will do some shopping next summer, so...

Goalkeeper - Ballotta is good and old, Muslera is still a question point. We definitely needs a new goalkeeper, or maybe we already have one (Carrizo) who seems an excellent keeper but no one knows if he'll play for us next season. As Kaf would say, that's a Kafkian situation really. If Carrizo comes, our goalkeeping duo would be fine.

Right /left backs - We currently have Zauri, Radu, De Silvestri, Kolarov and Behrami who can play in those roles and it's fine for me, although there are rumours that Valon could go to play in Spain, which is a pretty big loss for us. Anyway, I think we aren't in a bad condition at all regarding these roles. De Silvestri and Radu (who will be definitively bought by Lazio) are young and very promising, let's only hope that Lotito will not go mad and sell them (which is always possible, knowing our beloved president) in the coming years.

Central defenders - Of the three S-defenders we had at the beginning of the season, only Siviglia remained and Stendardo is still in doubt whether he comes back to the Eagles' nest at the end of this season (Lotito said he will, but you never know. And then, not that Stendardo's return will improve things that much). Cribari, and occasionally Radu and Kolarov are the other players who can cover those roles. In short, we need a couple of good central defenders, one of them possibly very good. Rumours say that Lazio could buy Barzagli from Palermo, but seeing the names of other teams (Juventus and Milan) who want to buy the Italian international, I think Lotito has to be ready to splash out big money (Palermo asked for 15 million euro), which is quite improbable. Anyway, let's see what will happen. A central defender I wouldn't mind seeing at Lazio is Cagliari's Canini.

Midfielders - Another weak point. Cristian Ledesma deserves to stay and so Dabo whereas Mudingayi could leave for France (Olympique Lyonnaise) or England (Liverpool), Mutarelli is good but should learn how to control himself. Baronio, Manfredini and Firmani are ready for some newly-promoted teams. In short, here too we need new players, possibly good. Rumours say that Pablo Ledesma is going to join us (I don't know about his passport situation, though) and Lazio have showed some interest towards Obodo. Also, I expect Antonio Cinelli to break through the rank and make it to the first team for real. Mauri and Meghni are two players who potentially can be very good. Pity that this season they were amongst the worst. And then there's still Pasquale Foggia, on loan to Cagliari, it is still to be seen if the Islanders will buy him definitively.

Forwards - Rocchi and Tare have both renewed their contracts, and we have Vignaroli too. Pandev... Lotito has said Goran will stay, but bids from big clubs such as Real Madrid or Bayern are higher and higher, and I don't know how long Lotito will still resist to the temptation of selling one of our best players (if not the best). And then there's Bianchi... Rolandinho has failed to impress, so far, but Lotito has said he will buy Bianchi at the end of the season. Rumours: Lazio could buy Obinna. After Makinwa's failure, Obinna looks like the player Lazio thought (wished?) Stephan was, a quick forwards capable of rip defenses apart thanks to his speed. On the other side, he seems to have some disciplinary problems, I don't want another Stendardo at Lazio. We will see.

See less See more
#2 ·
Priority 1 must be to get a new goalkeeper. I don't think Carizzo will come after all the mess there has been but if he does come he should be very welcome.

In defence I'd like Radu to play in central dfence and not on the left back. He's good at going forward but he struggles defensively with his positioning when he's on the back. Either way I'd like to see us spending for a new starter in central defence and preferbly a fast one. Siviglia and Cribari are doing okay but there are some lapses from time to time.

I like our starting midfield but I wouldn't mind if we could get a good starter or backup here with some of the weaker palyers leaving the club. If we can keep Pandev I'd like to keep him playing in the hole behind the strikers with Mauri and Meghni taking a back seat.

Bianchi isn't worth the money and I say we should go for another striker if Pandev plays in midfield.

#4 ·
Priority 1 must be to get a new goalkeeper. I don't think Carizzo will come after all the mess there has been but if he does come he should be very welcome.
Many times i had listened in Fox Sports that Carrizo will leave River in June, time to time I listen that to Lazio, but nobody say that for sure.
Anyway he has been playing wonderful in all the games i had seen.
He MUST come to Lazio.

#3 ·
Baronio, Manfredini and Firmani are ready for some newly-promoted teams
Promoted to Serie B, though, not A. :D

If we keep the current roster, not counting Bianchi, I think we won't need much reinforcement. A goalkeeper, a sub for Ledesma and a striker and we will be pretty much set.

Radu should play as CB, IMO, it would be a waste to keep both Zauri and Kolarov on the bench in order to play the Romanian out of his natural position. Our CB pairings can definitely use his speed. Anyway, if Lotito doesn't buy him it would be the second most retarded thing he has done after buying Makinwa.

#5 ·
I don't think Carrizo is at all impossible. Our management just needs to accept that they screwed up, apologize to everybody, and close the deal.

I say ditch Stendardo and bring another CB. If Rozenhal is not wanted in Newcastle, he could be an option. A couple of new midfielders, as well, and goodbye to at least Baronio. In the trequartista departmetn, I like the current tactic with Pandev. If Mauri can fetch some money in the market, selling him should be considered. He has sucked this season, plus he has been a disturbance. Meghni I think should remain, and given a chance to prove his worth. About Foggia, I don't know. There still isn't a place for him in our tactic, and let's face it, he was way overhyped in the autumn. He scored a couple of penalties and made a couple of crosses but that's it...I've seen some terrible stuff from him as well. Added to that bizarre hitman stuff, I don't know if I want the guy around...

About strikers, Makinwa was given his chance and he's a lost case. I'm sure somebody will buy him for a couple of million, though. Pandev must remain. We won't be getting crazy money for him, and buying an equal replacement will be very expensive. Bianchi would be ok for a few million, but with his price tag we must pass. He just doesn't seem good enough. To sell Pandev and waste most of that money on Bianchi would be idiotic. So we need another striker for Bianchi's role...I don't know who. In addition, I hope Inzaghino's contract is finally over...

#6 ·
I say ditch Stendardo and bring another CB. If Rozenhal is not wanted in Newcastle, he could be an option.
I saw a report earlier today that Rozenhal will likely return to the Toon, could be pure speculation but the story impiled he isn't happy with the lack of playing time at Lazio.

At the same time rumours of WBA's Martin Albrechtsen coming over the summer have resurfaced, which could be a solid signing as he has experience at both full and CB.

#7 ·
Hey guys, I have been looking around for a club to give my support to, It's hard to find a club to like, when the only leagues you pay any attention to are the Bosnian leagues, especially the third division :). Is there any site that streams Lazio games online. Also could anybody tell me the strengths of Lazio.

From now on I support LAZIO!!!!!

#13 ·
Also could anybody tell me the strengths of Lazio.

From now on I support LAZIO!!!!!
smart man. In what sense do you mean strengths? The strength of our squad is not the strongest around for sure but our tradition, history & passion is stronger than that of any team.

What does that mean? I want a mid table team to cheer for, I am not a bandwaggoner, plus after reading Alija's story, I can't do much but support his team.
:thmbup: said well.
Alija is a good enough reason I think :)

#10 ·
What does that mean? I want a mid table team to cheer for, I am not a bandwaggoner, plus after reading Alija's story, I can't do much but support his team.

#12 ·
Right, I went back into the Rumours thread here & saw your comments on Albrechtsen when his name first came up, you referred to his positioning at times as "comical" which doesn't bode well for a Serie A defender ;)

By most indications he's done well at Albion, but much of that time has been in the second division which is not really the calibre of defender we'd want hopefully. He's not a regular for the Danish NT either it seems. Still could be a useful sub player.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.