Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course this is not just the obvious names, but others that Serie A clubs should look at

Engelaar (Holland)
Akinfeev (Russia)
Zhirkov (Russia)
Goian (Romania)
Rat (Romania)
Srna (Croatia)
Aufhauser (Austria)
Grosso (Italy) :pp
Barnetta (Switzerland)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Mellberg. He can hoof the ball out of the park while being under very little pressure whatsoever. In fact, he is almost as good at it as Kovac!

Wait a minute....
At least the colossal defense screwup happened at the opposite side of the pitch this time.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Barzagli.

Seriously, if I were a Lazio scout (assuming we actually have scouts which is a bit of bold assumption these days), I'd send back glowing reports about Rat. If I were a Juventus scout, I'd send endless messages "Buy Zhirkov now".

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
If I were a Juventus scout, I'd send endless messages "Buy Zhirkov now".
After Zavarov died as a footballer upon getting the keys to his Ferrari, I think Juventus has been institutionally disinclined to buy Russian players :howler: .

Zhirkov ate Ramos lunch though, that's for sure.

·
Registered
32,707 Posts
Cristiano Ronaldo
Sneijder
Luca Toni
Nasri

Serie A clubs can't afford Euro players - not even the russian ones - and will go for Serie B's good players or players from South America or the Balkans.;)

Well, maybe the odd Deco.

·
Registered
32,707 Posts
Though I fail to grasp why Milan hasn't shown an interest in Huntelaar, rather than Adebayor:yuck:

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Aufhauser :D

Austria: Korkmaz, Harnik, Prödl

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aside from the penalty that Aufhauser gave away... and at this moment I also thought he was a retard... he definitely improved from that minute on and was a giant in the midfield of Austria... probably one of the main reasons why they were so strong in this area and winning many second balls.

I didnt mention Korkmaz and Prodl because they are going to Germany this season and no point of mentioning Harnik because he is not ready for Serie A yet.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I would like to see Sionko in Serie A, he wouldn't be superstar, neither a flop though.

·
A true hero
31,425 Posts
Aside from the penalty that Aufhauser gave away... and at this moment I also thought he was a retard... he definitely improved from that minute on and was a giant in the midfield of Austria... probably one of the main reasons why they were so strong in this area and winning many second balls.

I didnt mention Korkmaz and Prodl because they are going to Germany this season and no point of mentioning Harnik because he is not ready for Serie A yet.
Giant? He did okay second half. Most times I've seen him he's been absolute rubbish, though. Harnik is already more ready than he'll ever be. Though I doubt Werder would sell him.

·
A true hero
31,425 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And I saw Croatia today v Germany and made me more impress with Aufhauser's performance against the likes of Modric and Kranjcar.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
You are going on about Aufhauser still? :howler:

Even when you saw a special talent like Rakitic play? He is amazing!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I mean Rakitic is for the top level teams. Unforutnately I doubt the mid-table teams can buy him but they can get Aufhauser, who I still think is decent. I actually rate a few of them Austrians, but at the same time I cant be sure if they are just playing beyond their usual levels (and still only gaining 1 point).

Croatia have many good players though, I think its time Italian teams stop going for too many over-rated South Americans and buy some more talented EE's. Well secondary to buying or producing Italian talents of course ;)

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
As nobody mentioned him: Danijel Pranjic. Definitely ready for the Serie A, he's one of the absolute best players in the dutch league.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts