Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Louth and I'm very pleased with the representation of my county in the national team. Has anyone noticed it. There's nearly always 3(Kelly, Harte, Stan) and Colgan gets in sometimes to make it 4 players from Louth in the 11. I think it's great and I'm sure there'll be more from Louth coming thru soon!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jees thanks Rochemback, I thought no one was of the same opinion as me on this one.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Oh I fully agree. I was just being lazy! :tongue: :howler:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do u guys think that Louth suffer in Gaelic football because so many of our youngsters play soccer instead. I mean were the best county in the country at soccer, that's plain to see but maybe if counties like Meath and Kerry weren't so into the whole gaelic thing, the might produce Irish players in the same class as Harte, Kelly,......................etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am Dutch, but I think you are right about those players mentioned. They were a key role in knocking Holland out of the world cup.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate, glad to see this topic finally getting the respect it deserves

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Dublin is still the major player producer. Robbie Keane, Duff, Quinn, Carr, Cunningham, Kinsella etc form the current team for a start. I won't mention Kennedy, Dunne etc for obvious reasons.

Going back we have had Giles , Brady, and the greatest of them all ,the Black Pearl.

Did'nt Kelly (and Harte maybe) have to go to Home Farm to learn the game?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are welcome.
But if Richard Dunne comes knockin on my door again asking to see my daughter I should say: "Oi, take your bag off my doorstep, you're not seeing my daughter and get the f**k off my property and close that gate when you're leaving"

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah Dublin is not producing as many players these days

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
oh riiiiight. 3 internationals ever and you're a player factory....Stan has only a few more weeks left at this level as well.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's lots of players on the way. Stan was the first of many and he has at least 25 games left in him. He's what only 32. Look how long Cascarino went for. Dublin has too many drug problems and the kids are getting thrills in different ways other than the beautiful game. I even heard that boys in dublin were saying gay sex is more fun than soccer - and they did it with their dads.

Ok ok maybe all this isin't true, but when I was over in England I was talking to this kid and he reckons Louth produces the goods when it matters. I know that there are not too many food factories in louth so I asked him was he talking about our class footballers and he said "Yes".

So my friend when the sh*t hits the toilet you see Louth has done it. Stan, Harte, Kelly, Colgan, Phil Babb(his mother was from Ardee in louth), Colin Larkin(new talent), etc, etc.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
at least were not ridden with people who blow up women and kids if thats the best you can do as far as "debate" is concerned.

We'll see how great Harte and Co are in a few weeks. I would'nt have him in the team anyway.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah don't ye know we're all Irish but JAYZUS(As yis say in Dublin), you have to admit the wee county is representing the country horrid well these days.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think you should call yourself madge instead of badge if your going to say stuff like that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Jaysus (correct speeling of the Dublin vernacular) lads calm down.

Anyway, I reckon Louth could cause an upset in Gaelic football this summer and beat the Lillys (which would be sweet).

As soccer is known as the garrison town game in this country and two of these such towns exists (with healthy soccer traditions) in Louth, it's not such a suprise they feature prominently inthe National team

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got a phone call last night.
"Hello" I said.
"Hey, this is Richard Dunne. I hear you're selling your back gate"
said the voice.
"Look Dunne, I've seen you play and I know your attitude. I'm not selling my gate, stop ringing my house and stop trying to steal my towels off the washing line"
To which he replied
"Yeh, he's a good player. Very talented for a young lad. And ah, I guess we'll see just how good he is in the World Cup"

....what a bollox

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Louth will probably beat Kildare yes, I'd say so. Hopefully.

Good one, I'm laughing my anus off. I was going for a sh*t yesterday(a wee bit constipated) and I thought of this and it all came flying down like niagra falls. So thanks aswell.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do any of yis think Stan should be vice-captain. I think it'd be great to see the louth fella as captain if Roy had to go off. I was talking to some lads I know that played against him in gaelic football when he played for the clans(Clan na Gael) in dundalk. They said he always had a class pass of the ball. He still does, it's a credit to him. Can't wait for the next batch of louth players to break thru, I'd love to see someone from my town make the ireland team.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts