Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer 2 players from Ivory Coast (what is the adjective for this country?????) were bought by Belgium teams. They both played for ASEC Abidjan.

Genk bought 'Maestro' Zokora. A defender who I heard is very good in a 1 on 1 situation. A player who is fast and defends with his technical abilities.

Anderlecht got themself the 6e player on Africa of 1999. Dindane Aruna (what is his first and what his second name???). A forward who is very explosive and can give away some amazing dribbles.

If anybody can give me more information about them, about their fomer team or about football in Ivory coast (and that damn adjective ;) ) I would be very happy.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Aruna Dindané is called the new black perl of Africa. He has the acceleration and speed of Ronaldo, the dribbles of Laurent Pokou, the penetration force of Georges Wéah, a great technique like Ben Badi, has a great speed of execution in his moves ...
He is THE player of the future.
And he has proven himself already. In one of his latest games he scored with a 'cannon-ball' right in the nets and he also is a good passer and he gave 2 great assist in that game.
He is always dangerous and a treat for the defence.
He is only 19 years old and still have little things were he can improve but as you can see he already is a good player ;)

I didn't find more info about him.. Aruna will be his first name i think :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Zokora Didier "Maestro" has already played 10 games with his olympic team and one cap with A-team.

I can't wait to judge all these players in real life :)

D

·
0 Posts
That very talented player Feyenoord has, Bonaventura Kalou also comes form the Ivory COast I think.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Kalou also comes from Ivory Coast and man what a dribble this guy has. In Belgium there is also Charles Dago at Lokeren. A very young attacker who was captain of the national team on the last Africa Cup. He also has it all, but its its speed and ballcontrol who are especially very impressive. At Lokeren it was Youla who comes from Guinea, who got the most attention but I prefer Dago.

Alos at Lokeren there is Patrice Zère. A magnificent defender. For me it is a complete mistery why this guy still plays at Lokeren. He has a very good tackle, reads the game well, is fast, and has brillant passing. Maybe it is 'cause he doesn't really live like a professional (that is said anyway). He also looses his mind once or twice a season and commits horrible faults then. The last years this didn't happend though, but he has his reputation now!

[Edited by gOD on 10-07-2000 at 15:15]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts