Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it's the close season and Everton should start looking for new players. We need a completely rebuilt team with some pace and class without costing too much. We need an extra striker and new midfielders and defenders.

Two players who should come up first to give us creativity in midfield, at least from the flanks, are David Thompson (Coventry, ex-Liverpool) and Alan Quinn (Sheffield Wednesday). We then need a defensive midfielder and a playmaker to make things happen in the middle of the park. Then next...

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't doubt Carbone's ability, but he is not the sort of player I'd want at Everton now. I'd look at the Nationwide League or overseas for talent.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Rob Lee...?, Warren Barton...?, David Batty...?, Carlton Palmer...? Tim Sherwood...?

Or are they a bit young...?

I will concede though that you did manage to go all season without signing either Ashley Ward or Neil Shipperly....

Congratulations

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
before u start talking buying players...u have just released this guy...

Saturday, May 18, 2002
Everton release winger Blomqvist

Everton have released Swedish winger Jesper Blomqvist after just 17 appearances for the Goodison Park club.
The 28-year-old has failed to win a regular place in the side since David Moyes took over as manager in March and has now been told he does not feature in the Scot's future plans.

It is a blow for the former Manchester United midfielder who, after two injury-ravaged seasons at Old Trafford, had hoped to rebuild his career on Merseyside after being signed by Walter Smith last year.

The Swede, who had been on a short-term contract, is the third player released by the club this week following the departures of David Ginola and Alec Cleland.

Moyes told the club's official website: 'It was a very difficult decision because I felt Jesper Blomqvist had a made a contribution since my arrival.

'But I have Idan Tal, Mark Pembridge, David Unsworth and Kevin McLeod who are all comfortable on that side that of the field.

'Everyone at Everton Football Club wishes Jesper Blomqvist all the very best for the future.'

Blomqvist, who has previously played at IFK Gothenburg, AC Milan and Parma, will now spend the summer searching for a new club after also missing out on Sweden's World Cup squad.

soccernet

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
if you are looking for creativity then I heard that you are interested in Tranmere midfielder Jason Koumas... superb player who turned down the chance to go to West Brom as he knew that he could do better...

It is only a matter of time before the boy plays in the PL and he is just 22... I think you can get him for about £3 million which is very good business.

Another link that I think would be a superb buy is if you get Robbie Savage... the guy is unrelenting and will become a firm favorate in the same way that Hutchinson was

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I do rate Koumas so I think I'd consider him as well. As for a foreign flavour, I'm probably thinking someone like Fredric Meyrieu (Metz) and Martin Vellisca (Real Zaragoza).

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I would be suprised if Vellisca left Spain at the moment... I might be wrong but I get the sense that he is going to move to a bigger Spanish side soon... I just hope that he does not stay at his side and stay loyal like ceratin Bilbao players have:)

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meyrieu is a gifted playmaker who is a great passer of the ball and a great free-kick taker... the sort of player Everton desparately need. To compliment him we'll be needing a tough ball-winner, I'm not sure who though.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
(This user whispers the name of Robbie Savage)

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That hasn't stopped us from having ex-Liverpool players like Peter Beardesley, hasn't it? :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts