May 31, 2011
Gökhan Gönül
Colin Kazım-Richards

May 31, 2012
İlhan Parlak

??
Önder Turacı
Volkan Babacan

We really need to renew all of those who are running out this season, except maybe Kerim.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I'm pretty sure Onder's contract is up in the May as well. I remember this becasue people were concerned that he'd leave now that Gokhan has taken over as the #1 RB.

I hope Onder does stay...

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Yeah, we should be able to renew those players in 2008 pretty easily. Aurelio, though, I don't know. Hopefully he decides to re sign as well even if he does get offers from other clubs.

Like in FM, his squad status is set to indispensable to the club. :D

·
*the drum drum*
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remember one thing, as dedicated a footballer as Aurélio is on the pitch, he isn't someone to be trusted too strongly off the pitch ;)

This is a guy who put pen to paper with Gençlerbirliği before he did with us. Basically, he signed for them and then when a bigger and better club came along he signed with them as well, and almost got the club embroiled in a legal arm wrestle over it. If something that impresses him comes along, he will walk out on us without too much regret.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
If Aurelio were to leave for a European club, it would be interesting to see if he'd still play on the Turkish NT. I've been wondering about this for quite some time now...

·
*the drum drum*
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course he'd still play for the national team. But that said, I don't see him leaving, simply because I don't see anyone coming along with a more lucrative offer (in more terms than just money) than what Fenerbahçe can provide him.

Look at Valencia for instance, they flat out suck at this stage, but flirted the idea and instead preferred to splash €18m on Banega instead. The big clubs don't need a soon to be 31 year old midfielder who does what someone else at their club already does. Flamini, Gattuso, Yaya Toure, Essien, Diarra, the list goes on, every major club has someone younger doing it for them already.

Only Juventus could flirt with the idea of signing him, but that's until they realise they could go and splash €10-15m on a bigger name instead.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Şeytan;6180107 said:
Remember one thing, as dedicated a footballer as Aurélio is on the pitch, he isn't someone to be trusted too strongly off the pitch ;)

This is a guy who put pen to paper with Gençlerbirliği before he did with us. Basically, he signed for them and then when a bigger and better club came along he signed with them as well, and almost got the club embroiled in a legal arm wrestle over it. If something that impresses him comes along, he will walk out on us without too much regret.
Isn't that Deniz, not Aurelio? Or did the same thing happen twice in two years (2003 with Aurelio, 2004 with Deniz)?
No wonder Cav Cav hates FB! :D

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
When Aurelio first came into the Superlig with Trabzon no one really cared for him, he came in with that other Brazilian (Something Da SIlva) I don't remember his name but he got injured and that was it for him. Everyone liked the Da Silva guy better back then. I just want to see what Mehmet Topuz would do with a better supporting crew around him. That is what I really wanna see.

·
*the drum drum*
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't that Deniz, not Aurelio? Or did the same thing happen twice in two years (2003 with Aurelio, 2004 with Deniz)?
No wonder Cav Cav hates FB! :D
Aurélio agreed a deal & signed with Gençlerbirliği, Fenerbahçe and he may well have made similar agreements with Galatasaray and/or Beşiktaş as well. We can't know because both teams were rumoured to have made agreements with him, but neither chased it up like Gençler did.

Deniz was almost the same, he agreed & signed a contract extension to stay at Gençlerbirliği but then used the end of his contract to move to Fenerbahçe on a free transfer. I don't know exactly how that one worked though, I think he just agreed in 'principle' with the terms of the deal and signed a paper to state that he'd sign a contract extension at a later date. Our Turkish clubs like to do that, a contract agreement to sign another contract later :howler:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I thought Aurellio's contract was up next year but he had the option to buy out last year of his contract. According to FIFA's rules or something :undecide::confused:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
By the way Kerim is a talented son of a B, just his performances vs Fenerbahce (ironically) shows his class. He's definitely a player that I would love to have on my team!! :sweeteye:

·
*the drum drum*
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kerim works hard and has the fundamentals to be a good player, the problem is he doesn't have any specific talents that make him useful.

He doesn't have good positional sense, crossing or the intelligence to be a right back. He can't beat players well enough to be a right winger, and he simply lacks most of the attributes needed to be a forward which is what he claims he is.

I wouldn't mind him back, he could develop into something and he is a 'home grown' player which is going to be useful in the coming years as UEFA's criteria for continental competition player registrations gets stricter. But if he leaves I won't be too concerned unless Önder leaves and we're short at right back or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts