Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In professional Football, in and aroud the four corners of the Globe (no corners are to be found on a Globe, but what the hell :D ), a number of incredibly gifted players delight passionate supporters with their skills :cool: As most members, I myself have seen quite a number of matches since becomming a devoted follower of the Red&Black Devilhood Football Organization :devil: :stuckup: :devil: but not only. In the great number of matches I have had the pleasure of attending live or watching them on tv, I have somehow come to the conclusion that their are many great players but few Professori :stuckup: What is a Professore in Football?
A Professore is a player that may or may not be as technically gifted as a number of his colleagues, although he may well be as gifted certainlly he must still be an above average player, but has "something" that most players will never achieve throughout their career :stuckup: That "something" is not easy for me to "explain", it's a combination of self-confidence combined with being able to always make the right choice during the game :cool: Obviously having in "mind" the "right" choice or if you prefer the "perfect solution", dosen't necessarily mean that the end result of that "particular play" will be succesful, it means that their is a higher percentage probability of success in that particular play :stuckup: Obviously the Professore is well aware of his own physical and techinical assets and limits. Otherwise, what kind of Professore whould he be ;)

I will now list a couple of Professori, obviously they are both debatable.
Please list a few youself, if of course you agree with the above :smileani:

Billy Costacurta: Dr Brains, what a player he still is at the age of 38 :star:
Figo: I don't know where Real would be if he was not playing :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jern Lizardhous said:
do you just mean someone who makes the right decisons ? :googly:
Yes, and "helping" other players to make the right decisions too. Just that. Obviously we don't agree, if you think it's not that important.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
Yes, and "helping" other players to make the right decisions too. Just that. Obviously we don't agree, if you think it's not that important.
I think it's very important was just trying to streamline your description. :shades:

I'll go with Tony Adams even though he just retired a little while ago, he was technically quite ropey, when he was in prison he even got thrashed in the football skills tests by ordinary guys off the street, his whole game was based on his brain and influence over others combined with great courage. :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think it's very important was just trying to streamline your description. :shades:

I'll go with Tony Adams even though he just retired a little while ago, he was technically quite ropey, when he was in prison he even got thrashed in the football skills tests by ordinary guys off the street, his whole game was based on his brain and influence over others combined with great courage. :star:
:thmbup:

I was in San Siro :cool: last night, and I was closely observing Billy Costacurta :star: a guy that's 38 years old :dazed: he has won 7 Serie A titles and 4 CL :star: he is no longer a starter, last night he was fielded as a left back. He had an incredible game and also seving 2 very inviting scoring opportunities to Rui Costa and Seedorf. His natural position is in the mid of defence, that's where he played all his carrer, but when called upon he always delivers :cool: No matter what. In the CL Final 2 seasons ago, due to some players injury he was fielded as right back, last season he played a number of games due to Nesta's injury. He may not be 21 but as we say in Milano: "Vagli via a Billy" (Just try to "jump/avoid" Billy). What a player :star:

Back a few years another Professore was Roberto Donadoni :star:
My uncle told me that Bobby Charlton was another :star:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
for me ...and not only for me was captain Calori

...should i explain why? I wont because nobody cares and know his story and nobody want to know:)

:star: captain, good luck with your new carrer in Venezia, hope u can be a great coach soon:) :star:

i just want to let her one old interview( one of the 2437125681756 about him)...is in italian so nobody will understand but it is ok the same...
http://www.giornaledibrescia.it/giornale/2001/03/08/38,SPORT/T3.html

ALESSANDRO CALORI 4 ever :proud:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Beppe Giannini (er mito, er uomo :star: ) has all the capacity in the world to teach football in the role as coach. Despite only having a Coppa Italia to show for his illustrious career, Giannini was a true genius of the game, much like the aforementioned Costacurta. He read the game two pages before anyone else and played the game with such tranquility and with such class and elegance, a great player and a great captain. His only curse was coming through at Roma when she was in decline, and spent his best year fighting in the middle of the table, far away from the scenes where he, with his huge potential, should have entertained the world. He deserved more from his footballing life. I hope he can make up for it with his newly started career as trainer, at Foggia. It hasn't started too well, but he knows too much football not to succeed in the long term, anyone who's heard his analysises as a tv-expert would testify to that.
Forza Giannini :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the footsteps of another Professore :star:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I was actually thinking of Il Re as well. I don't know what he's doing now, is he back in Brazil? Coaching?

If there ever was a man that was a professore on the field, it was Falcao. :star:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts