Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in this topic was talked about the 2 best English teams, here we compare the players of the best European teams.

Cech > Dida > Valdes
Cafu > Belletti > Ferreira
Puyol > Nesta > Carvalho
Terry > Stam > Marquez
Maldini > Gio > Bridge
Makelele > Edmilson > Pirlo
Xavi > Lampard > Gattuso
Deco > Seedorf > Cole
Giuly > Kaka > Duff
Ronaldinho > Robben > Crespo
Shevchenko > Eto'o > Drogba

Barcelona 5, Milan 3, Chelsea 3

I consider some players equal, but I gave some the edge over others. Puyol carries the whole Barcelona defense while Nesta has Cafu, Stam and Maldini around him. :cool:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Honestly this kind of comparison makes no sense.
Different teams play different formation in which players play different roles. How can you compare them like this?
"Makelele > Edmilson > Pirlo
Xavi > Lampard > Gattuso"?

Makelele is a ball winner and Pirlo is a deep-lying playmaker. They have different jobs though their positions are similar. How can you say Makelele > Edmilson > Pirlo?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Giuly better than Kaka.??

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Palsgaard said:
Giuly better than Kaka.??
Yes Kaka has been disappointing, while Giuly when fit has been scoring goals, he is also Barcelona's 2nd best goalscorer after Eto'o.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Genjuro said:
Honestly this kind of comparison makes no sense.
Different teams play different formation in which players play different roles. How can you compare them like this?
"Makelele > Edmilson > Pirlo
Xavi > Lampard > Gattuso"?

Makelele is a ball winner and Pirlo is a deep-lying playmaker. They have different jobs though their positions are similar. How can you say Makelele > Edmilson > Pirlo?
ok, just for you then:

Makelele > Gattuso > Edmilson
Xavi > Lampard > Pirlo

:thmbup:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
more like

Cech > Dida > Valdes
Cafu > Ferreira > Belletti
Nesta > Puyol > Carvalho
Terry > Stam > Marquez
Maldini > Gio > Bridge
Makelele > Gattuso >Edmilson
Lampard > Pirlo > Xavi
Deco > Seedorf > Cole
Kaka > Duff > Giuly
Ronaldinho > Robben > Crespo
Shevchenko > Eto'o > Drogba

AC MILAN= 5, CHELSEA= 4, BARCA= 2

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SM ONLINE said:
Xavi over Lampard and Pirlo? you taking the piss right
No. Where was Lampard last night? Where was Pirlo against PSV?
And these are just recent examples. :hopefull:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
-----Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini
-----Pirlo----Makalele
Ronaldinho-------Robben
--------------Scheva
---------Eto'o

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If one could actually make a team out of the players of all 3 teams I would do this though:

-------------Cech-------------
-------------------------------
Puyol---Nesta---Terry---Maldini
-----------Makelele------------
----Xavi--------------Deco----
----------Ronaldinho-----------
--------Sheva---Eto'o---------

Barcelona 5, Chelsea 3, Milan 3 :cool:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vagabondo said:
Puyol > Nesta :dielaugh: :howler:

how are the other posters getting past that one ;)
Even Wes Brown would look like a world class defender next to Maldini, Stam and Cafu. Seria A's "world class defenders" have already been exposed when Samuel moved to Real Madrid. I still recall how people though Nesta and Samuel were the two best central defenders in the world. Now Samuel is rated a second class defender. :flirt:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Laporta said:
No. Where was Lampard last night? Where was Pirlo against PSV?
And these are just recent examples. :hopefull:
First, it's not correct to judge players based on just ONE game. Just to ask a question in your style, how was Xavi performing against Chelsea at Stamford bridge? His inability to control the ball caused the first goal , and may I say caused the collapse of Barca in that game? Can you conclude Xavi is a bad player from that? Obviously no.

Second, Pirlo just came back from injury vs PSV. He was obviously not match fit.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Laporta said:
Even Wes Brown would look like a world class defender next to Maldini, Stam and Cafu. Seria A's "world class defenders" have already been exposed when Samuel moved to Real Madrid. I still recall how people though Nesta and Samuel were the two best central defenders in the world. Now Samuel is rated a second class defender. :flirt:
But according to you, Gio > Bridge, Puyol > Carvalho and Belletti > Ferreira. But even so, Chelsea's defence this year has been pretty impressive all the same. Barca fans can't keep on presenting their team as having this incredibly high class assortment of players in all positions and then resort to arguments like "yes, but Puyol would look good if he weren't surrounded by clowns like Nesta isn't" about 5 minutes later ;)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
---------Cech---------
Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini
-----Pirlo----Makalele---
Ronaldinho-------Robben
--------Sheva----------
---------Eto'o-----------

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Genjuro said:
First, it's not correct to judge players based on just ONE game. Just to ask a question in your style, how was Xavi performing against Chelsea at Stamford bridge? His inability to control the ball caused the first goal , and may I say caused the collapse of Barca in that game? Can you conclude Xavi is a bad player from that? Obviously no.

Second, Pirlo just came back from injury vs PSV. He was obviously not match fit.
Ok Ok, I will give Pirlo a second chance to prove himself tonight. If he performs well, I will perhaps rate him equal to Xavi :thmbup:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Xavi choked against Chelsea, I would not but him above Pirlo/Lampard. Neither would I place Puyol above Nesta or Stam this season. And Guiuly over Kaka? Giuly has only done something in the last few games, while Kaka even bellow his form still scored the important goal or the give the final assist.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Liternit said:
Xavi choked against Chelsea, I would not but him above Pirlo/Lampard. Neither would I place Puyol above Nesta or Stam this season. And Guiuly over Kaka? Giuly has only done something in the last few games, while Kaka even bellow his form still scored the important goal or the give the final assist.
Giuly was our best player in the beginning of the season, then he got several injuries after eachother but now he is starting to regain his scoring form.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Cech > Dida > Valdes
Cafu > Ferreira > Belletti
Nesta > Puyol > Carvalho
Terry > Stam > Marquez
Maldini > Bridge > Gio
Makelele > Gattuso >Edmilson
Lampard > Pirlo > Xavi
Deco > Cole > Seedorf
Kaka > Duff > Giuly