Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, I know: This should be in the transfers thread.

But just hear me out...

Also, I know I'm the only one here who gives a f**k about transfers and I should really just join Forza Inter Forums to discuss them...

BUT this place is my spiritual football home..

AND

There are going to be HUNDREDS of major player swaps across Europe since financial losses will be massive.

Would like to hear your thoughts on the following (which have been touted):

1) Gagliardini FOR Izzo - this gets my blessing. Izzo is a hard-hitting, uncompromising defender and a good replacement for Godin (when he finaly goes to Spain/UK). That said, Gaglia is the only pure DM we have, and he had his share of decent games this season (Dortmund (H), Samp (A)).

2) Lautaro FOR the entire Barcelona squad - OK, the players touted so far are Vidal (the Never-ending Story), Arthur (apparently he is close to Juve now), Griezmann (doubt this is true), Junior Firpo (LOL, no), Rakitic (meh), Semedo (good player).

3) Dalbert + Nainggolan + cash FOR Chiesa OR Castrovilli - This would obviously be incredible. Two players who have no future at Inter used to get one of two absolute gems.

Your thoughts, your thoughts.... (will be amazed if I get any replies to this...)

·
Greta joke sharer
23,226 Posts
3) Dalbert + Nainggolan + cash FOR Chiesa OR Castrovilli - This would obviously be incredible. Two players who have no future at Inter used to get one of two absolute gems.

Your thoughts, your thoughts.... (will be amazed if I get any replies to this...)
I can see Nainggolan messing that up either due to wage demands or just being a ****.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see Nainggolan messing that up either due to wage demands or just being a ****.
Apparently they made an approach last summer and he wasn't interested.

·
Registered
17,022 Posts
Why the hell would Fiorentina accept that?

What's wrong with just keeping Lautaro? You have solid players to build on now.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why the hell would Fiorentina accept that?
They will have to sell Chiesa and Castrovilli eventually. Dalbert already plays for Fiorentina and has been a success for them. Nainggolan is better than all their midfielders except for Castrovilli.

What's wrong with just keeping Lautaro? You have solid players to build on now.
He has a buyout clause in his contract. He probably wants to leave for Barca, as Fird said.

·
Registered
17,022 Posts
If I was Fiorentina I would ask for money mostly (just like you would do best with money for Lautaro). Naingollan is a 31yo smoker.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
How many midfielders are we targeting? We seem to be linked to plenty. Tonali, Vidal, Castrovilli etc..

Just get Partey and that will do imo. Easier said than done though, English clubs are after him.

**** Chiesa, diving cvnt and not worth 60-70mill.

I am in favour of letting Lautaro go. Like Altafini said, good striker but not a phenomenon. If Barca give us 111 mill, amazing, or players + cash is good too.

Haven't seen Izzo enough to judge fairly. But I would keep Godin and get Vertonghen as an option for CB and lwb. Gagliardini I wouldn't mind keeping as backup and if he goes I don't mind either.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many midfielders are we targeting? We seem to be linked to plenty. Tonali, Vidal, Castrovilli etc..

Just get Partey and that will do imo. Easier said than done though, English clubs are after him.
Partey is amazing, yeah. But fierce competition.

I would be happy with Tonali and I would probably take Vidal as part of the Lautaro deal.

Yeah, now that I think of it, keeping Gaglia is probably smart since we have no other pure DM.... but I think Izzo is really good.... tough dilemma (if the rumour is actually true...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts