Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with the English news outlets giving out 8's and 9's like crazy ? Isn't 6-7 supposed to be the standard rating for a good game where as 7.5-8.5 = an excellent performance ?

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
EPL players are just.THAT.good.
well...

Carrick and Mascherano both got 7/10 in that game on Saturday in the mirror.

who can tell me with a straight face that carrick and mascherano played at the same level on saturday....

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Goal.com is the best source for ratings, players on both teams always end up getting nothing less than a 5. For example Almeria's GK conceded two goals last night and he manages to get a 7.5!

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Really can't see why this bothers anyone.
Sometimes people don't watch the games and need some indication of how their players did, and may use ratings to help find out.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
I find these ratings completely ridiculous...
if a player scores a hattrick and dribbles half the team for an assist and they still get a 8... so stupid..

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I remember in the Roma-Chelsea game, Brighi who along with Vucinic was our MOTM got a 6, while most of the Chelsea midfield got 6 or 7 too :pp

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I remember in the Roma-Chelsea game, Brighi who along with Vucinic was our MOTM got a 6, while most of the Chelsea midfield got 6 or 7 too :pp
In 2006, while waiting at Heathrow, it was August and the WC was long over... I recall getting a Daily Telegraph issue and reading a segment of some "expert" saying: Now that the WC, that horrible waste of time is done with... let's get back to the real football, the EPL... no joke. I just pity the English, what else can you do?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
In 2006, while waiting at Heathrow, it was August and the WC was long over... I recall getting a Daily Telegraph issue and reading a segment of some "expert" saying: Now that the WC, that horrible waste of time is done with... let's get back to the real football, the EPL... no joke. I just pity the English, what else can you do?
he was right, the last World Cup was a waste of time, absolutely shocking fare, I wouldn't expect Italians to understand it though. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.