Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
66,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with the English news outlets giving out 8's and 9's like crazy ? Isn't 6-7 supposed to be the standard rating for a good game where as 7.5-8.5 = an excellent performance ?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
EPL players are just.THAT.good.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
EPL players are just.THAT.good.
well...

Carrick and Mascherano both got 7/10 in that game on Saturday in the mirror.

who can tell me with a straight face that carrick and mascherano played at the same level on saturday....

·
1st Tier Poster
49,985 Posts
Italian media's ratings are the best, usually everybody hets 6 or 6.5 and when somebody has an awful match they'll get 5.5 and brilliant performance gets awarded with 7

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Goal.com is the best source for ratings, players on both teams always end up getting nothing less than a 5. For example Almeria's GK conceded two goals last night and he manages to get a 7.5!

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
I find these ratings completely ridiculous...
if a player scores a hattrick and dribbles half the team for an assist and they still get a 8... so stupid..

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the English media ratings are useless anyway, they are done by someone not even at the match to save the match reporter doing it.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I remember in the Roma-Chelsea game, Brighi who along with Vucinic was our MOTM got a 6, while most of the Chelsea midfield got 6 or 7 too :pp

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I remember in the Roma-Chelsea game, Brighi who along with Vucinic was our MOTM got a 6, while most of the Chelsea midfield got 6 or 7 too :pp
In 2006, while waiting at Heathrow, it was August and the WC was long over... I recall getting a Daily Telegraph issue and reading a segment of some "expert" saying: Now that the WC, that horrible waste of time is done with... let's get back to the real football, the EPL... no joke. I just pity the English, what else can you do?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
In 2006, while waiting at Heathrow, it was August and the WC was long over... I recall getting a Daily Telegraph issue and reading a segment of some "expert" saying: Now that the WC, that horrible waste of time is done with... let's get back to the real football, the EPL... no joke. I just pity the English, what else can you do?
he was right, the last World Cup was a waste of time, absolutely shocking fare, I wouldn't expect Italians to understand it though. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts