Wes Brown 6.5
Veron 8.5
Giggs 9
Fortune 7.5
Ole 9 <------- This guy is deadly. No longer super-sub, he's superman
Ruud 8
Beckham N/A
Phil Neville N/A

Fergie 9.5 - Had to do some shuffling with the early injury to Becks but the changes he made didn't cause the team to miss a beat.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Barthez 6.5
Blanc 6
Gaz 7
Silvestre 7
Johnsen 7
Wes Brown 6
Veron 8
Giggs 9
Fortune 7.5
Ole 9.5
Ruud 8.5
Beckham N/A
Phil Neville N/A

Fergie100000000000000000

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I think Veron deserved a 9, your being harsh :) , he played well and did some amazing passes and imo was Man of the Match.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Barthez-7.5(couldnt do much about the goals but made the CRUCIAL save at the beginning of the game to deny Tristan.)
Gaz-7(Steady as usual.)
Brown-7(had to come on early but showed no sign of rustyness.)
Blanc-7.5(read the game brilliantly again.Was unlucky to score the goal but apart from that was solid allthroughout.:))
Silvestre-7.5(positioning was much better.Helped Fortune on the left flank all night and came inside to win som crucial tackles as well.)
Giggs-8.5(Mesmerised the Depor defence all night.Made full use of his pace and got the goal in the end.)
Butt-8(again had Valeron under wraps.Job well done.:))
Veron-8.5(ran the show.relished the space given to him by Depor and made some breathtaking passes.hope he produces such performances all the time.)
Fortune-8(made no mistakes on the left flank and did what was asked of him.He will now become an important member of the squad with all the injuries.)
Ruud-7.5(just wasnt his night.Could have had a hattrick.Missed a sitter with his head and then hit the bar.Work-rate was good as usual.)
Ole-9:star: (scored with his first touch and then got another one with a piece of clinical finishing.He has been awesome this season.)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Veron played an amazing match, great assists, hope he continues playing like that, God know it will do US good.

Sorry about the Beckham injury.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Fab 8.5 - excellent match, top save from Tristan and it was certainly important because it was always going to be hard if they were to score first...couldn't have done anything about the goals

Gaz 9 - superb match, supported Ole on the right, was excellent defensively, fantastic performance

Blanc - 8 - excellent match as always, shame about the own goal but not much he could've done

Ronny - 8.5 - another excellent performance, such a shame about the injury

Micky - 9 - best LB in the CL this season?? I certainly think so! didn't attack as much as always (probably Fergie orders) but defended superbly again, so strong and quick as well...class

Nicky - 9.5 - ARE YOU KEANO IN DISGUISE?? kin hell this lad has improved so much this season. I swear I thought I saw Keano wearing the no.8 shirt out there for us. Won the ball, spread the play superbly, harding any misplaced passes, even gave the players orders, feck I'm proud of you Nicky. Best sight in yonks. He should start for England.

Seba - 9.5 - superb game, exactly what we've been expecting of him for the last 7 months. Good on the ball, creative and what a pass for the 2nd! Now all I hope for is some consistency from the lad. Come on Seba, we all love you, make us proud.

Quinton - 9 - excellent match as well! Strong in the tackle, always tracking back, taking players on and is it just me, or has the lad become a lot faster?? Was inventive and always giving his all. He had so much desire, you could see it in his eyes. In the 80th minute, when everyone was treating the match like a practice session he was still running his bollocks off. Deserved a goal.

Ole - 9 - What more can you say about him?? The spanish bastards sort Davey out, Ollie comes on and a minute later he scores. In yer face you Spanish twats. Was excellent and all that whilst playing as a right-sided midfielder, hardly his best position. Gotta love the lad.

Giggsy - 9.5 - Watching him in full flow on a European night, taking the piss out of the Spanish wankers, what a sight. Always kept them on their tows and even if his last ball wasn't the best at times, he was still excellent. What a goal too!

Ruud - 7 - Played well generally and as always held the ball up well but his finishing was just not on. Happens.

Wes - 8 - Good to see the lad back, he has the talent, question is if he has the bottle to be a top class player? who knows. Anyway, he was very good and didn't make a single mistake. Good on ya Wes. With Ronny out, he's going to be vital and I'm just hoping he will prove all the doubters wrong.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
not to forget....

Sir Alex Ferguson - 100 - go on ABUs say it, "Fergie's sh!te tactically..."

:tongue:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Have to agree with you all on Veron.

This was his best game in a ManU shirt. Apart from his passing he got stuck in aswell. He did get caught out a few times defensively but apart from that he had a great game.

He harried their players as well as Nicky Butt did and I was glad to see him get congratulated by all his team mates at the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts