Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a story about Riquelme possibly being sold for 9million pounds? wow! It was only 1 year ago that Riquelme was said to be valued at 25million pounds. He is no longer the big financial risk that he once was. Could we still take him as an eventual starter? I was not a big Riquelme supporter, but he is awfully cheap now.

Also, has anybody seen the russian sychev play? He is very young, but also very good. I wonder if any of the russian barcelona fans know anything about him.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
maxout said:
I just read a story about Riquelme possibly being sold for 9million pounds? wow! It was only 1 year ago that Riquelme was said to be valued at 25million pounds. He is no longer the big financial risk that he once was. Could we still take him as an eventual starter? I was not a big Riquelme supporter, but he is awfully cheap now.

Also, has anybody seen the russian sychev play? He is very young, but also very good. I wonder if any of the russian barcelona fans know anything about him.
about riquelme i heard the deal with atletico was off, due to them not agreeing on boca getting the whole 9 million. well this could be a good opportunity to snap him up although duff or joaquin would be good/

is that the 18 yr old russian, because theres one that the big italian clubs want thats 18.

theres also this brazilian that us, juve and ac milan wanted about a month ago. hes 17 and called diego cunha and is in the u-21 side. but since then ive heard nothing.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
really i dream to see Requelme play in barca....
and about youngs we don't need youngs we have alot of children in the team:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Is the deal really off?
I hope Barca will get Riquelme:)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'd love Riquelme to come but apparently somebody's going to sit on the bench or go away...

If Rivo accepts playing on the left it could be like this, but then not only is Saviola out but also why would we try to sign Kily.

LE21-----Riquelme-----Rivaldo
-----------Kluivert----------------

Another option: Saviola plays right, but will he be a good winger?

Saviola -- Riquelme -- Rivaldo
------------Kluivert---------------

Or maybe we leave Kluivert... but will Saviola with his 1,68m height be strong enough to be the only striker. He's a good finisher but for sure crossing from the wings would be nonsense.

LE21--Riquelme--Rivaldo
---------Saviola----------

Another thing is that VG wants Saviola to play behind a Striker (like Kluivert). So now Riquelme goes on the bench...

LE21--Saviola--Rivaldo
-------Kluivert----------

And what if Rivaldo doesn't want to play on the left side? Then we have a bigger problem cause either we sell him or neither Saviola nor Riquelme will be in the first eleven unless one of them play as a winger...

LE21/Saviola---Rivaldo----Overmars/Kily/Riquelme
------------------Kluivert------------------------------

For me the best would probably be this:

LE21/Rochemback-----Riquelme------Rivaldo
---------------------------Kluivert-----------------

Saviola on the bench but he's young can just wait a little bit. Besides sitting on the bench doesn't mean he won't play. With so many matches we need rotation.

We could of course have 5 players up front but for me this would be too offensive and could have ended with very fluctuating results (like 4:0 in one match and 0:3 in the next one...) so I think both Xavi and Mendieta should play in the middle.

I sometimes wonder what will happen and what you will say if JRR plays really badly for us for example because of poor adaptability or sth... Surely VG's fault isn't it?...

Any comments on this analysis?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm not a russian barcelona fan, but i have a little more information for you:

AC Milan have already signed him. Under the deal agreed, they will leave him at his current club for another season to mature, then he will move to milan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts