Xtratime Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have any info of the player's eating habits, what beers he takes, photos of his wife, girlfriend, mothers, fathers, uncles...etc.

Or U would just like to share some of the hard facts you know for example, debut for international team, debut for clubs, memorable matches. etc.

Anything...

Don't be afraid of posting something which you may have heard it 3 years ago but can't prove it. This is where we can talk it out.

Trival, factual, anything!!

Past and present, past clubs, U-21, Int, Liverpool.

As usual
the Forum Rules apply.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He may have a girlish name but when it comes to defending he is all action. Introducting - Stephane Henchoz.

Here are his info.
Position: Defender
Date of birth:Saturday 7th September 1974
Birthplace:Billens, Switzerland
Height: 1.85m
Weight:79kg
Signed from:Blackburn Rovers (£3.5m, 1999)

Liverpool swooped for Henchoz when a clause in his Blackburn contract allowed him to leave Ewood Park following the club's relegation at the end of the 1998-99 season. Has won numerous caps for Switzerland and it was his former international boss Roy Hodgson who brought him to the Premiership.

He began playing in his hometown of Fetigny, he moved to Payerne and then FC Bulle, where his career took off. A move to Neuchatel Xamax (then managed by Hodgson) followed, and a high-profile debut against Real Madrid ensured that success would come to the softly-spoken defender. After four years there, Hamburg were among the clubs to bid for him, and as they offered more than Swiss teams, Xamax sanctioned the move.

Under disciplinarian Felix Magath, Henchoz lasted a year but jumped at the chance to rejoin Hodgson at Blackburn. Injury delayed his Anfield career but he went on to form an impressive partnership with Sami Hyypia at the heart of a rejuvenated Reds defence.

Most Famous For: Having won his first international cap at 20 before graduating in business studies at university.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
eymc said:
reliable man!

tackle hard!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
And shows his face of agony everytime he denies an opponent...

Lovely!!! :D

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
As Bosh said welcome to the forums, I hope you have a pleasant stay:)

If you have any questions feel free to ask any of the FM's, community managers and especially myself:)

cheers

Razor

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Razor's a yank mind you ;)

Welcome guys, have a good stay here.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Stephane did not really impress me when he was at Blackburn. Particularly because that was Blackburn's relegation season, and I was wondering what GH was thinking by signing a relegated side's defender. But I got it wrong and he got it right. After a slow start, Stephane began to stamp his authority in the Liverpool's defence and for a while, he was in the shadow of Sami. This season, he stood out while Sami kept his usual performance, resulting in several vital stops and tackles. No longer were there cries of "Handball" Henchoz, after his alleged "Handball" on the goalline, which was missed by the referee.

No doubt, Stephane has given Liverpool the edge in our defence. It has been a long while since we have a very excellent centre-defence pairing. I think one must go back to the days of Hansen and Gallespie to find one. Remember, Wright-Babb DO NOT count.

paw;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts