Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ricksen - fans player of the year (voted on the Rangers website i think)
Andrews - Players Player of the year
Novo gets goal of season for 2nd at Parkhead
Klos - John Greig Achievement award
McCormack - young player of year

from the rangers site:

Fernando Ricksen quickly forgot the coin-throwing incident at Aberdeen on Sunday by adding the Rangers player of the year award to the SPFA title he claimed a week ago. The Dutchman came top of a poll on the official website www.rangers.co.uk and was one of five Rangers stars to be honoured.

Inspirational defender Marvin Andrews, who is defying doctors' orders to have a cruciate ligament operation, was given a massive vote of confidence from the dressing room as he claimed the players' player of the year title.

There was also joy for summer signing Nacho Novo as his strike in the 2-0 win at Celtic on February 20 was voted goal of the season by the supporters.

Ross McCormack was voted youth player of the year while sidelined goalkeeper Stefan Klos became the first recipient of the John Greig achievement award for his tremendous service to the club over the past five-and-a-half years.

---

I'm happy for big Marv winning the players player of the year. He deserves a bit of recognition for the good season he has had and it's nice that it comes from the rest of the players :thumbsup:

But with Hartson winning the writers player of the year, and Ricksen and Hartson sharing the scottish players player of the year and now this list i have to ask - where is Dado? I can accept him not winning any but to not even make the shortlist for players player of the year is crazy!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I too am glad to see Big Marv get some recognition for a great season. It really is strange how Prso hasn't had anything, especially from the Rangers supporters.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
It's been engineered by Murray so that Prso isn't officially our best player when he sells him to Villa :mad:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Did you read what Writer's spokesman said about Hartson? "Hartson epitomises the modern-day professional with his total contribution on the field." What!? :dazed: Somehow I doubt they're holding up pictures of him at youth-level saying "this is what you should be aiming to become kids."

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Did you read what Writer's spokesman said about Hartson? "Hartson epitomises the modern-day professional with his total contribution on the field." What!? :dazed: Somehow I doubt they're holding up pictures of him at youth-level saying "this is what you should be aiming to become kids."
:D 11 Hartsons in a team,,,,,,,wut a sight:D

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
Ricksen - fans player of the year (voted on the Rangers website i think)
Andrews - Players Player of the year
Novo gets goal of season for 2nd at Parkhead
Klos - John Greig Achievement award
McCormack - young player of year
I havent seen this goal, but i believe Prso should get this award for his scissor kick goal V Fulham. I dont know weather that applies to the award but THAT WAS A FARKING GOAL! :star:

And Marco what do you mean his singing?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Marco Negri said:
He's one of these people that never stops singing. Every article I've read about him has Steven Thompson or someone taking the piss out of his dodgy taste in Croatian songs.
Not to mention his rendition of Follow Follow at the training day! :D

At the awards bash last week Andy Cameron asked him what he liked best about Rangers to which Dado quipped "Big Stevie" before taking the mike and leading a chorus of One Steven Thompson! :D

Also heard he was responsible for starting the singing at the Stydome when we won 2-0.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Jonny said:
Not to mention his rendition of Follow Follow at the training day! :D

At the awards bash last week Andy Cameron asked him what he liked best about Rangers to which Dado quipped "Big Stevie" before taking the mike and leading a chorus of One Steven Thompson! :D

Also heard he was responsible for starting the singing at the Stydome when we won 2-0.
It must be the mechanic in him. Every mechanic I know likes to sing as loudly as possible, even when he doesn't know the words. Which is all the time.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Big Dado is a bit of a nutter. Not only does he sing dodgy songs but I remember one game this season after he scored he almost winched the face off of Dragan Mladenovic. The commentator made some lame remark about Serb-Croat relations. I think he's a bit bonkers, which is great! :thmbup:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Big Dado is a bit of a nutter. Not only does he sing dodgy songs but I remember one game this season after he scored he almost winched the face off of Dragan Mladenovic. The commentator made some lame remark about Serb-Croat relations. I think he's a bit bonkers, which is great! :thmbup:
Do you like I get the feeling that for the first time in ages we have Gazza, McCoist & Durrant type figures in the Ibrox dressing room?

Dado = :jester:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Yeah, I do and I think they have been badly missed. Hopefully the banter and madness will grow through time too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts