Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who should win it Lincoln of FC Schalke has been amazing this year he would be my pick for it what you guys say.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Very difficult question. Mintal :eek: ?? No way ( sorry, Bier :D ) !
Lincoln is having a very good season, along with some other Schalke players like Bordon, Asamoah and also Rost.
But to be honest, i don't see a single player which is really outstanding this season. Last season, Ailton deserved the title by scoring 28 goals, winning the german Cup and the league with Werder Bremen. Back in 2002, Ballack was absolutely outstanding for Leverkusen in the league an in the CL as well. But this year ?? I guess it will be someone from the team which wins the title. If it is Bayern, it will be Kahn, because he found his form again. If it is Schalke, it may be Lincoln. ...and my dark horse is Podolski !

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree, Mintal for sure. Top scorer still I think, from midfield, in a bottom-half of the table team:)(). Hes had a blinder this season, enough to forgive him for saying he wants to play for Bayern in the future.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Rothose said:
Very difficult question. Mintal :eek: ?? No way ( sorry, Bier :D ) !
Hey, isn't he convincing with his 20 (is it 20 already, oh I'm a hell of an insider) goals fpor Nürnberg, a minor team IMO (oh, please, let LIT not read this ;) :D sorry in advance, mate :D )
Why not Takahara by the way ... just kiddin, but I kinda like this guy.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Bier said:
Hey, isn't he convincing with his 20 (is it 20 already, oh I'm a hell of an insider) goals fpor Nürnberg, a minor team IMO (oh, please, let LIT not read this ;) :D sorry in advance, mate :D )
Why not Takahara by the way ... just kiddin, but I kinda like this guy.
:D 21 so far... :proud: :cool:

He´s my player of the year, too.

No other player is that important for a team.
Without him we would be already relegated... :wallbang: :stress: :googly:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
What about Marcelinho for a dark horse. He's had a great season after injury plagued season of last time.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Mutu_20 said:
What about Marcelinho for a dark horse. He's had a great season after injury plagued season of last time.
Yeah, Marcelinho for Hertha is more or less what Mintal is for Nürnberg, he had an outstanding game today against Freiburg, anybody saw his first goal? Outstanding ... 40 metres. :eek: The second one was a penalty (kalt wie eine Hundeschnauze :D ) and the third one was assisted by the brasilian genius. Força Marcelinho :proud: Ha Ho He :D

Hey LIT, didn't know yet you're playin in a band, mate :eek: I am singer in one myself, we had our first concert yesterday. Bet I mustn't ask what music-style you guys play, since you like Goldfinger, which tells me a lot about ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Only Krzynowek!!! Best player in Leverkusen and the goal against Real Madrid in the CL was superb!!!

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Marek Mintál, das fantom! And yeah, what a ****ing goal by Marcelinho. The guy didn't even look whether it was in or not, he was sure enough not to check it. :cool:

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Krzynówek, Voronin, Klasnic, Lincoln, one of them ...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Bier said:
Hey LIT, didn't know yet you're playin in a band, mate :eek: I am singer in one myself, we had our first concert yesterday. Bet I mustn't ask what music-style you guys play, since you like Goldfinger, which tells me a lot about ;)
Hm, i´d like to play more of this style of music, but if you´re in a band, you have to agree with the other members... :doh: :D

So if you look at our homepage and the playlist, you see its more "rock" than "punkrock"...

but still its cool and great fun!!! :happy: :thumbsup:

and you´re in a punkband? what instrument do ya play?

EDIT: :wallbang: :nerd: Just saw you´re the singer, but any instrument in addition?

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I'm only singer and write lyrics. Yeah, it's said to be a punkband though some people tend to refer to some of our songs as pop. :D The majority of our songs is melodic Punk-Rock nevertheless.
I know what you mean by having to agree with the other members. I personally would like to make music in "The Smiths"-style, but so I'm alone with that wish. :D
However, it's great fun indeed.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Mutu_20 said:
Yes, you're right. I totally forgot Marcelinho. He's the best player of the season imho.
I don't like Mintal that much. Yes, he is a great goalscorer but he's mostly invisible in every match. If he doesn't score, he is quite useless. Marcelinho scores and assists, opens the game with his great passes or dribblings and always creates numerous scoring opportunities for his mates and himself. He's much more valuable for a team than a player like Mintal.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
We should probably have a poll at the end of the seoson with all the suggestions being made here.

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
To come back to the topic you ******, I just heard the name Marcelinho in my room, who actually might be the best player so far this season. Just for the records, Hertha has the fewest losses this season in the league but many draws didn't allow them for play for the third spot for example.

Lukas Podolski might really be an outsider, especially if he plays well at the Confederations Cup and finishes the year with something like 25 goals including how many goals of the month??? :eek:

Anyways, I also give players like Per Mertesacker an outsider shot, but I don't think that Marek Mintal would deserve the award. And of course not Oliver Kahn, he isn't even the best player on his own team. Lincoln, I think, is a tough choice as well, but a Schalke player? No thanks. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts