Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty self explanitory really, or is it? i have a feeling that Hyypia will win this hands down but I think that it is a very close run thing.

Hyypia - there is no denying that this guy has exceeded any expectations that anyone had for him. He has been superb and after an early shaky start he settled down to control a dynamic dualism with mr Henchoz. He has been mr reliable this year and his distribution is second to none

Berger - he came with promise, delivered initially and then he taketh away, but now he is at his best. Playing at the standard that he does for the Czechs and has had a superb season. Important, spectacular goals his fortee but his work rate has improved dramatically.

My view is that Berger nicks it (contriversial).

Pool players 99/00:

Westerveld - 7 - still do not know how good or bad he is. My theory is that our defence is so good that players, when they get through know that it will be their only chance and therefore are more likely to score or miss. Keepers saves tend to be at a minimal.

Carragher - 7 - a good season but at times his mistakes have proven costly. Is prone to lapses.

Matteo - 8 - exceeded expectations and showed the form that we only ever had glimpses of before.

Hyypia & Henchoz 9 1/2 - class act. I like to pair these two up as I feel that they perform more as a unit than individuals.

Berger - 10 - very impressed all through the seasons, even when the pool were poor.

Didi - 9 - good influence on young Gerrad and has been the fighting force that we need in midfield.

Gerrad - 9 - future great (nuff said).

Smicer - 5 - unfair?? very but I was soo happy we got him but he has not delivered. This is NOT his fault but that of luck. I'm sure without injuries a better season would have been on the cards.

Thomo - 7 - very hot and cold I found.

Owen - 7 1/2 - needs to find the consistency that Fowler showed in his goalscoring days.

Heskey - 7 - started like dynamite and then faded like greace stains when washed with Daz. Still one of my faves though.

Murphey - 6 - needs a longer run in the side to be effective.

Camara - 8 - good buy may become good bye (clever I thought).

Meijer, Redders, Heggam and Fowler did not play enough games for me.

J

·
0 Posts
As a Finn I must vote for Hyypiä.
I think that your season went quite well.
You were aiming to a Uefa-cup place and now you have a Champ-league place.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I would give a 6 to Sander but otherwise I completely agree with your ratings.

Hyppia is the MVP.Two hands and two feet down.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but that team also had Andy Cole in it... :(

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'd give it to Henchoz, until he came into the team Hyppia was looking just another average - good defender, now they both look unbeatable.
Our season started to improve when Henchoz returned from injury.
I have to admit to eating humble pie though, when Houllier signed him in the close season I was thinking, why Henchoz, he was a very average defender in a very average Blackburn team. I'd rate him as my favourite Houllier Signing so far.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't like seperating H&H as I think that they are a patnership and if one guy is not there the other will not be as good. This is why Berger is my player of the season as I find it unfair that Hyypia should win it but Henchoz should be ignored (like always it seems in the press anyway),

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Tough call. I would go with Berger, he has been in breathtaking form.

[This message has been edited by czar (edited 12-05-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
Definitely Berger, too bad he'll miss the opening 2 matches of Euro 2000 for the Czech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts