Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will win the player of the tournament award?

No one in particular stood out, at least not in the KSA NT. May be Talal Youssef from Bahrain or any defender from any team.

Best goalie would be a tough one too. They were all good. As for top goal scorers, we will find out tomorrow against Yemen:D

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I have a feeling that it will be one from Bahrain. Maybe Talal Youssef or Mohammed Salmeen or even Abdullah Al Marzougi! No one really stood out from the other teams, perhaps someone from Oman?!

Best goalkeeper, I think Mabrouk Zayed will win it, it's between him or Oman's IMO.. unless they go for the one who conceeded the less amount of goals :rolleyes:

Top goalscorer, like you said, we'll see what happens in the Saudi-Yemen game!

·
International
6,724 Posts
The past 4 tournaments a midfielder has won the Player of the Tournament award and I think it will happen again this year, either Mohammed Salmeen or Talal Youseff.

Ali Al Habsi, the Omani keeper, getting the Humood Sultan (Best Goalie) award ;)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
JAMESB said:
I didn't see much but Habsi and the Saudi No.9 were the best players
That would be Yasir al Ga76ani, yes he did play well, but he didn't play enough games to be voted as the tournaments best.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If he continues to show that form then he will be one of Saudi's best players, he looks more skilful than Sami Al-Jaber, the rest of the Saudi side looked average.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is settled! The committee announced the following winners:

Mohammad Salmeen best player! Congrats

Ali Al-Habsi best goalie

Redha Tokar best defender

Mubarak Mustafa model player

Van der Lim best coach

Talal Youssef (5 goals) looks like going to win the top goal scorer trophy. However, the name of the top goal scorer will not be announced until the end of the last match. Same thing with model team. All cups and medals will be handed Sunday.

http://www.alriyadh-np.com/Contents/11-01-2004/Sports/News_8196.php

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
JAMESB said:
he looks more skilful than Sami Al-Jaber
:howler:

not a big deal, im sorry to say (sorry Nero and Adel ;))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts