Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Owen

Votes: 3 8.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
1. Stephene Henchoz - Absolutely top class

2. Didi Hamann - Excellent in anchoring our defence, now I want him to move foreward a bit more to be the next Effenberg.

3. Jerzey Dudek - Big Pole in our goal

4. Sami Hyypia - Great defending, only complaint is his long range passing ability seemed to have gone backwards.

5. Micheal Owen - Would had been PFA player of the year had he had better support and provision.

6. Jaime Carragher - Defensively solid at left back. But his best position is still at centre back

7. John Arne Riise - After watching him against Ispwich, we should stop playing him at leftback. He gets foreward better then anyone else in the team. We should encourage him to cut in more often. Great Goals. I hope he be our next Ljundberg next season.

8. Jari Litmanen - Where would we be without his intervention in crucial matches in the CL and in the League? Plays little but turned key matches around.

9. Danny Murphy - Hardworking player. But if I am the boss, he will be culled from the first team next season. Unless he makes up for his lack of flair with MUCH better ball control and retaintion like David Beckham did, Liverpool may have to go on the market to improve. But great assists from free kicks though.

10. Heskey, Smicer - I could not really decide who to put, potential match winners in one match, awful the next. Maybe I can overlook Smicer a bit since he is often played out of position and cost less then 5 mil. But for Heskey, 11 million and performing worse then Bellemy and outside the top scorers or assists top 30 list is unacceptable. Its true he work hard for the team, but in truth he is becoming counter productive to the team, missing glaring goals, falling down. He had flashed of brilliance, but that is not enough, he needs to doing it match match out with maybe a bad performance in 7 or 8 matches. I would have put Danny Murphy below Heskey but Murphy had been consistantly sending in terrific free kicks.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Extra Post, my computer is going bonkers

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You didn't say WHO you voted for:irritate: Anyway, I went for Dudek:) He has been awesome!!!:cool:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
1. Henchoz

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I voted for Dudek...

I was actually in a 3 horse race between Dudek, Hyypia and Riise.. Hyypia fell out cuz well.. the best has become meeting expectations for him.. he's simply awesome.. but as I said.. I'm getting used to that :)

Riise lost my vote cuz of some of his defensive mistakes (like the gift he gave Dave Beckham in the 3-1 thrash of Man U at Anfield).. while Dudek has barely made a mistake (lets forget the game at the Bay Arena :))..

So Dudek it is :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Close call between Riise and Dudek for me, but Riise just shaded it.

Dudek's had an outstanding season, but ask yourself who's left you with the most memories and excitement. He's scored some fantastic goals, been 100% committed and has played every league game. My vote goes to Jon-Arne - fantastic season.

Apart from that the whole team have been superb, every player has played their part no matter how small.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Dudek - safest pair of hands we've had since Clemence. Best keeper in the PL. Outstanding.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I voted for my favourite player Henchoz because he's played absolutely out of his skin this season, he timing is always impeccable. I think he's risen to be a better player than Hyypia this season, controversial as it may sound. Dudek came in a close second, but I think he hasn't had as much to do as goalies such as Cudicini, simply because of our top defence, although what he has done he's done superbly.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Hamann is my top choice. We were fantastic (save for Bayer away) when he marshalls the defence in front of the other double Hs.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I went for Hyypa cos the man just makes our defence so much better... he is so consistent and has everything that a defender needs:)

Owen, Henchoz and Dudek all deserve mentions and Gerrard for me would have walked away with it if he had been fit more:)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Dudek has had a large impace since joining from Feyenoord and he has made some world class saves. He will be a crucial part in Poland's WC campaign.

Owen has also had a great season and just keeps firing in the goals from all angles he is a big chance of the golden boot if England go far in the WC.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dudek.

I think it has been an okay season for most players..
Owen, Riise and Henchoz has been outstanding at times..

Dudek has been consistent throughout...

:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I went for Dudek.

TOP class goal keeper -it is a testament to how good Dudek has been that nobody gives a toss about Westerveld anymore - does anyone even know where he plays these days??

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
i went for hyppia. the guys been solid all season and makes a great captain

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Cokane said:
I went for Dudek.

TOP class goal keeper -it is a testament to how good Dudek has been that nobody gives a toss about Westerveld anymore - does anyone even know where he plays these days??
It's for this same reasoning I picked Sami Hyypia. His rock-solid partnership with Stephane Henchoz at the back has completely erased the legacy of Phil Babb ...

·
Registered
907 Posts
it's fun look the post of the season 2000/2001 owen had 1 vote and for this season owen had 2 votes ...and he 's "ballon d'or" nevertheless .....very fun ...even you think that he is not regular .....yes I know I provoke ....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts