Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the best player this season overall? Many say it's Rosso and I tend to think the same.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
the best players were abuksis, holtzman and rosso

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Rosso definitely had a great season after his season in Beitar and he is probably the player of the year. Abuksis also had a great season, also after his season in Beitar, however Rosso was better overall and I do think he deserves this award.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I think you are being too harsh Yoav. While I agree Zohar doesn't merit the Player of the year award, I think he is the most important cog in Beitar this season. His arrival changed a lot and the guy gives us a momentum almost everytime he plays, constantly scores, creates chances, lead the team and overall, a player that I am happy to have.

My pick would be Rosso as well.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Zohar had a few good games in Beitar, it is true that when he was good Beitar was good, but that wouldn't make him the player of the season. Besides, Beitar is yet to clear out of the relegation zone. If Beitar gets relegated, can you even consider Zohar?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
ok, ok.....

So Zohar wasn't the 'right' pick, and i agree, but it all counts to the very end of the season on wheater to judge a player or not.

I would have picked Alon Mizrahi, but it sounds very cheesy and very unrealisticly, so i didn't feel right, although i think he is a contestant!

other than that, instead of both zohar and mizrahi i think the player of year should be given to non other than:

Shavit Elimelech.......
I think that he pulled of alot of stints and made a huge contribution to the team, on top of the fact that he was very sharp in net both in UEFA and also back home!

Cheers to him!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
How can afifon even be a contender? He's not in the Ligat Al and he didn't play half the season anyway. A player can be player of the season if he is good all season. Rosso was good all season. Elimelech was good all season except for this last lousy month, when the whole team played like sh!t.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
What with the insults...don't call that to Alon :) he is the true AVIRON :) Mizrahi......

just cause you hapoel don't have any players that can match his determination, doesn't mean he is all bad :)

on a contrarary to the last 20 games (or pretty much all of Richard Neilsen's Carrer in Israel), Mizrahi was the one and only who scored the most goals talling up to 4 goals and just to think....... that this guy stopped at Feb-March 2001 and didn't get the opprotunity to play due to there racist characteristics..just proves how good of a player he is no matter if he is a lower leauge or he played half of the year.

I hope this coming NT coach will have him in our team again! :) he is a pure scorer!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Maybe you should read what you write before you spit out junk. Racist characteristics? Please explain. Based on the fact that Mizrahi was the only striker in the squad for most of the games, he should be the top scorer. He only scored 4, and he wasn't the only player there.

If you need an explanation of the term player of the season, it refers to the best player in Ligat haAl this season, not Europe, not NT (not that he was anywhere near the best), and not any lower leagues.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I just feel there was something cheesy about the fact that not letting Mizrahi play in the NT was very bad :(

Even at the worst time he did a lot for the Israeli NT. He basicly saved us from an Embarresment at Tibli, Georgia @ March 2001 and overall he is highly confident and hopefully you are right that he is not the PLAYER OF THE YEAR, but next year its a whole new ground and i expect him to do 5 times what he done now in Kfar Saba at 2002/2003! :) SO EAT IT! BEAT IT! AND LEAVE IT!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
hopefully i wish the best for them...... :)

It kinda sucks that we didn't have the chance to play Belarussia and Lithuania, because those matches could have proved how successful Neilsen would have been IF he was to only experiment, but instead you give him Germany to figure out a plan to make such an award winning team and then you throw arch rivals denmark again! I have no choice but to say that poltics had something to do in this matter. Hopefully "SHALOM" will come and we will see our player compete with pride.......

:) How was the attitude and reaction to games back in the glory days of 1998/1999?? Were they postive or a little moody?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
If you refer to the Euro2000 Qualifiers they were very positive, after the 5:0 win over Austria everybody's hopes went sky high. But, then came Denmark and put us back down to earth...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yoav Keren,

I agree with you, the denmark game was a disatour, though when we beat austria it gave us confidence that Shlomo Scarf (at that time) can really make a team and possibly produce a win that we needed........

Evenso, that was that.....for the past 4 years if you didn't know we had Austria become our bitter EU and WC arch rival, it was between us or them and clearly it ended up in the end with a couple of extra points here and a couple of extra goals there to prove who is more superior. But on any account we're done with the 'fruit of looms' and now its time to focus on Slovenia. Slovenia is going to be really difficult. Im afraid that the new coach and also new players won't be as familiar or would get confused on who to concentrate more on. Sometimes i feel that all but 1 team (france) is horrible, but in the other side, i think that with Israels talent gift for soccer, we would be ending up managing a slight tie or a loss with someone like cyprus or malta (even slovnia). We must be careful.

As for the Euro2000..... I still agree what happened happened. But i also think that if Israel, a country which is underestimated and always playing the 'overestimated' teams, managed to just get i the playoffs, than thats good. Who will know what teams we will get to play in the forthcoming...... The playoffs of Euro & World Cup qualifiers are just pure luck.
Lets even say for an example that we made it in 2nd place now. And we get some team like Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, or even Poland...than that would be cool, but then again anything can happen and we might end up getting fooker's of the land...England.....its all up to the draws...hopefully it will be fair with us!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts