Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamie Carragher

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our worst month so far. Fresh from our exploits in the joyful month of December, reality has brought us back down to our knees in jaded January. :broken:

Plenty of headlines, all for the wrong reasons. Starting with Alonso's injury, Tiago's Hands of Gods, Gerrard's imminent departure (again), Gerrard saving us (again) against Norwich & Watford which highlighted his importance to us and his obvious qualities which drifted into the topic of Gerrard wanting successes that lead the issue of him departing (boring boring), the unexpected timid performance against a 10-man Mancs, with Rooney bagging the goal (it ain't enough losing to Everton in the derby and them being above us, it had to be an ex-Evertonian getting the winner against us for the MANCS AT ANFIELD!!! for god's sake...) and the slump that followed soon after. :moan:

Of course, there were some reasons to cheer for too, like us getting into the Carling Cup final, a huge achievement for Benitez given its his first season and the current situation the squad is in right now. Also the signing of Pelle andddddddddddddddddddd MORO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fero:

But soon after that we crashed back again, with the defeat to Burnley (shock! shock!) & Sinama's unfortunate injury (I'm waiting to see Rafa yelling to the team from the sidelines on crouches later this season) and a demoralising defeat to Soton. :nono:

Given the bad period we were in, it would be hard to look for a player that would earn himself our Player of the Month award, as the whole team performed badly.

However, I trust that many here would still have retained their senses even though last month did see many Pool fans walking around bald and flushed-faced :D and have their own candidate for the player of the month for January.

Below are the results that we had in the last month (ouch)...

Jan 1 Liverpool 0 - 1 Chelsea
Jan 3 Norwich 1 - 2 Liverpool
Jan 11 Liverpool 1 - 0 Watford
Jan 15 Liverpool 0 - 1 Man Utd
Jan 18 Burnley 1 - 0 Liverpool
Jan 22 Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool
Jan 25 Watford 0 - 1 Liverpool

Bring those votes in folks!!!!

P.S: ermmmm, Dear FMs, would you please convert this into a poll? Thank you, gracie, danke, :pp

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
karmma if u want a poll give me options. i haven't the time to scratch my head and recall everyplayer who played a game this month. make a list every time u make this thread please.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
karmma if u want a poll give me options. i haven't the time to scratch my head and recall everyplayer who played a game this month. make a list every time u make this thread please.

I can tell you the candidates: Gerrard, Carra, Baros, Riise, Hyppia

Everyone else was too inconsistent to merit a vote.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Gerrard, Carra, Baros, Riise, Hyppia

Morientes?

I'll put the vote up in a few hours, get ur candidates in

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I agree I wouldn't vote for Morientes but I think he's shown good movement and effort to warrent a place on the list.

My vote would be for Gerrard probably.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Gerrard or Carragher none have been that good in January our worst month.
so my vote is for Gerrard

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Pongolle, Mellor :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My argument against Riise would be that if Gerrard wasn't playing, Riise wouldn't be doing a Gerrard. But if Riise wasn't playing and Gerrard is, Gerrard could do a Riise and more ;)

However, still a good call though, as SM put it. :shades:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One more day to go and it seems Gingerboy's running away with the title for the month in typical John Arne fashion.

Attaboy!!!!

:D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Skipper Gerrard said:
Go John Arne! I think we officially have another Class player(In addition to Moro, Baros, Gerrard and Carra.)
Don't forget Alonso and Cisse (unless you're just talking about fit players?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts