• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Player of the month: JANUARY

VOTE 3

Here is again the poll player of the month. As you know, at the end of the season we will add the votes of the whole season to chose the best player of La Liga.

My votes go to:

- Fernando Torres, he has driven Atlético Madrid to the CL places for the first time in years with his goals.

- Albert Luque, he's fast, he scores, he already can be considered as a star, IMO.

- Julio Baptista, he's one of the big surprises of the season. He arrives easily to the box to be one of the most important players of Sevilla.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
To be honest, I watched more la liga this month than maybe my entire life and wasn't very impressed with the individual talents. Even though our league has great open attacking play, it seems we are plagued with fouls more and more. Damnit just let the play Flow:mad: . Anyhow votes go to;

Fernando Torres: Seems like he is taking the sole responsibility of being the saviour of Atletico. Lequi,Ibagaza,Musampa have shown good signs but personally I find him to be the key of that team, and maybe the best Spanish Striker.

Joaquin: Alot of people believe he is inconsistent but he has scored some vital goals plus stared when it was most important vs. Real Madrid, also scoring the only goal.

Nihat: If there is 1 guy that will show why Erreala was a great team last season, I would say it's this guy. Starting to regain last years form.

·
Registered
76 Posts
how can vagner be on this and not jesuli????? i vote for.....

- del horno: very special player.... every athletic match he is always one of the best.... against depor he first stopped sergio all night then when munitis came later.... he got stopped too

javi gurrero: he scored yesterday a hatrick that made his team win the match.... he also scored against barca and another team i forgot who...he has i think 5 goals in january........ bodipo must get a rest because javi cant be stopped !!!!

ronaldo: i dont remember last match he didnt score.....he can be quiet all match but then score a goal that wins the match.... he did this alot in last games !!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I voted:

Torres = He's been getting goals to add to decent performances, and when he's good Atletico are good.

Kluivert = Had a see-saw season so far, but this had been a good month for Paddy.

Ronaldo = Continued good form the past several weeks.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I voted for...

1 = Joaquin. Ripped Real Madrid again.

2 = Big Ron. Overall play hasn't been all that but continues to score.

3 =..................... Figo - just kidding he sucks ;)

3 = Torres. Scored goals for Atletico. Nikolas coming back has helped him though ;).

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I was going to vote for Luque who has been great but he was Athletic´s best defender on Sunday.:D

Karpin - I don´t like him:yuck: but he has been the best player of the best team of the month so I vote him.:groan:

Javi Guerrero - Amazing month for Javi, Racing always has a player on fire, first Regueiro, then Bodipo and now Guerrero!:cool:

Carlos Gurpegi - If he´d play for Madrid he´d be the president of Spain right now.:rolleyes: Gurpegi keeps amazing me, he plays better every game, I don´t know where is his top. This has been a bad month for us and he´s been the only one with Aranzubia keeping a great level. And now with Orbaiz on form we have one of the best midfield couples of the league.:cool: ari ari ari Gurpe lehendakari!:D

Does Del Horno need to be rumored for Barça so get some recognition? this hasn´t been his best month by any instance, he has been just ok, and he gets his first votes of the season now.:rolleyes:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Txupa said:

Does Del Horno need to be rumored for Barça so get some recognition? this hasn´t fmhe get best month by any instance, he has been just ok, and he gets his first votes of the season now.:rolleyes:
mmm... I don't see all the matches of La Liga, but it's true that I consider the media to chose the players of the poll. I posted his name because the press has been talking a lot about him and I liked him last 2 matches (which I watched on TV). Of course, press helps always to have a bigger recognition. I am not going to deny so.

Anyway, I've always left a open option to vote any player and noone voted for him. That's true.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Yes, I know, don´t worry about it.;) Last season he was fantastic, specially the last games of the season, amazing. This season he´s been more irregular, but still he´s had good games, but not now, this month he´s been just ok for his level. But since he´s being rumored for half europe people only talk well about him now..:eek: These things happen, we can do nothing about it.;)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I voted Del Horno, Gurpegi and Torres.

Del Horno because he's just playing very constant imo, and he's very important for us.

Gurpegi, I saw some Athletic matches live this year (on TV) and every game he was playing very well, a great player every team can use on the midfield. And his performances are especially great if you think about his situation.

Torres, haven't seen much of him to be honest, but all what I've read about him is positive, and from what I've seen from him he was playing great and scoring goals. And he's still so young.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Torres, Joaquin and Luque :)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
After giving some thought. The best team in La Liga this past month was Real Sociedad, so they deserve a player and their best player was Karpin.

The other player that had an incredible month is Aranzubia, but he is not on the lsit, so I added him.

I had some trouble with the third player, Torres has had a nice month, so has Ronaldo (only one touch per game but a goal every time) Baptista also has performed at a high level as has Ayala and Gurpegi (but I already voted an Athletic player) so my vote goes to Javi Guerrero, keeping Racing in the middle of the table is not an easy thing to do.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1. Fernando Torres (Atlético Madrid) -ESP- 14 votes
2. Ronaldo Nazario (Real Madrid) -BRA- 9 votes
3. Julio Baptista (Sevilla FC) -BRA- 6 votes
4. Patrick Kluivert (FC Barcelona) -HOL- 5 votes
4. Joaquin (Real Betis) -ESP- 5 votes
4. Nihat Kahveci (Real Sociedad) -TUR- 5 votes
7. Albert Luque (Deportivo La Coruña) -ESP- 4 votes
7. Javi Guerrero (Racing Santander) -ESP- 4 votes