• Baros

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Player of The Month : February

Welcome again to our player of the month polls. This time we will determine, based on the views of the XT Liverpool community (and those who feel like contributing ;)), who are deserving of the Player of The Month title for the month of February.

There are many headlines this month-sth we are not used to this season-and those headlines are an equal mix of joy, hope, anger and frustration. Who can forget how Moro finally claimed his first goals for us, home and away. The dink inside of the Charlton last man and the flicked header off Garcia's cross agasint Fulham are simply memorable. Both games saw us coming back a diff team in the second half, a spectacle quite often seen this season. Then as we are starting to point out how well the team is doing without Gerrard doing everything by himself, comes the defeat against Birmingham, with Heskey claiming a lead role (I still think he made a meal of the tussle with Hyppia for the penalty :fero: ). All of a sudden, our captain has been playing below par for 2 months, he lacks leadership qualities, he's already playing time waiting for the Chelsea transfer :nono:, Luis Garcia is crap and many more knee-jerk post match reactions. After that we had a 10 ten day rest and a lot of time to recollect ourselves, which saw us (without Gerrard) achieve a superb win agaisnt Leverkusen with Riise and Hamann both scoring rare free kicks. Just as we are starting to find our feet again, and with Chelsea crashing to two unexpected defeats, we just couldn't find the inspiration and drive upfront to oust Chelsea for the Carling Cup.

Overall, I'd say the month was a good month, given the nature of the victories we've achieved and the general level of performances over 5 matches we've managed to dish out this month. :shades:

Just as an extra information, here's our results for the past month:
Feb 1 Charlton 1 - 2 Liverpool
Feb 5 Liverpool 3 - 1 Fulham
Feb 12 Birmingham 2 - 0 Liverpool
Feb 22 Liverpool 3 - 1 Bayer Leverkusen
Feb 27 Liverpool 2 - 3 Chelsea

So, here we are discussing the candidates for this month's award, and I shall start it off with last month's winner, our very own Ginger winger John Arne (I like the ring of it :cool: ) He continued where he left off last month by getting us our winner agasint Charlton, and then scored a glorious free-kick agasint Leverkusen before appearing far post and finishing in typical John Arne fashion. It seems Rafa is having a positive effect on someone to at least make him score goals and play for the team :lala:

Second is our spirit on the field. If Alonso is our brains on the pitch, and Gerrard is the heartbeat of the team, then JC has to be the spirit that drives us, if not anything else. unassumingly, and unspectacularly he has gone about his job cleaning up the at the defence, and at the same time finally found a coach that could develop his natural defending ability and disciplined organization at the back, sth which Houllier could see but could not harness.

As for the the rest, its quite difficult to determine, as many have claims to be in the list at least. Off the top of my head, Baros (for his improving first touch and link up play, not to mention his dependable lone role upfront), Traore (he deserves a mention because he has been consistent, if not impressive this month. Who would've thought we'd miss him a bit when he left the pitch at Cardiff a few days back ;)), Moro for his goals and great link up play, improving our attacking play lately and lastly a toss between Biscan, Luis Garcia and Finnan.

My list is not final and all of you can chip with your two cents worth and with a little help by the FMs around here (kind 'ol O-NRG :D), we will see everyone everybody wants to see will be up in the list.

So there, let's bring the votes in and make this forum a much more happening place to hang out than the Mancs'!!!!!

Cheers YNWA

:shades:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put Finnan in.Nobody ever mentions Finnan who has been consistently good throughout the month and covered for Carragher in the Chelsea match when you say Carragher covers for the rest of the defence.This is not an insult of Carragher.JC rules.Plus Finnan is IRISH who everyone loves.We are are the drunken comedians of Europe.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Mine is between Riise and Carra, both have been great for us, but I think Carra just edges Riise, of course we cannot compare the two players in terms of ability as they play in different positions but in terms of overall contribtion to the team Carra gets it (imo)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
He's scouse, he's sound, he'll twat yer wi a pound, CARRAGHER!! CARRAGHER!!!

Runner up- John Arne Riise

Also nice to see Garcia get a mention, I have seen a marked improvement in him this month

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Garcia is dynamite in my FM game.. AVG rating of 8.00 and 12 goals in 25 appearances :D

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Hehe lets stay on topic, maybe we should have an FM thread in here for our liverpool teams ;)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blimey i forgot about this!!!! :pp A thousand apologies....:pp

Well, as usual, he's unsung, he's sound as a pound and he's goes about solidly without a sound, our XT Liverpool Player of the Month for February - Jamie Carragher!

:shades:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
i go for luis garcia...he is the man :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts