2-1 Assist: Maxi López - Goal: Etoo

CD Numancia 1-1 FC Barcelona

1-1 Assist: Xavi - Goal: Márquez

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Again, the Black Lion, Samuel Eto'o :star:

He's everywhere in every match. He scores, he assists, he helps in defense,... we didn't have a great month, but he keeps scoring almost a goal per match and that's what you want from a striker.

Deco, Xavi, Puyol and Marquez did well too, but more irregular than the African Golden Ball.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I want to be fair, so I won't vote for Eto'o EVERY month. ( :proud: :proud: Eto'o)

So, I'm going to pick Marquez. Plenty of reasons, his 2 fantastic goals, giving us a different attacking dimension from set plays. Or his excellent defensive work, which is highlighted when he is not in the team.

Or simply, because Mexicans rock.

Viva Diego De La Marquez!

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I voted Eto'o, Once more he proves that he can do it all assists, scores and defend.
he did a great job moving around the box, and last night game he tried his luck from far away, and didn't stand in his place waiting for the ball to come to him.

in my opinion, he is the best this month.

I can't take the cridet out of Deco, Marquez and Xavi this month, yet the Cameronian did more work than them so its his month.

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Eto'o gets my vote he was more regular than any other player of the team. :star:
Puyol and Marquez also had a good month and deserve some recognition :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
same like VBI - Eto'o deserved it :strong: , but my vote goes to Marquez - just to boost his confidence (I know you reading this Rafa :pp ) and to thank for being there when everything else fails :boxing:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Barça-Mallorca, 0-0, penalty against Barça..

Victor clearly gets my vote

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Marquez gets my vote. He's been a tremendous presence in midfield and did a great job leading our defence along with Puyol against Chelsea. He's certainly come a long way from the Marquez of last year - I remember many calling for his head after only his first season.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Etoo, based on his consistentcy. You can't really argue against his 3 goals and 2 assists. I haven't really seen anyone else with any other performances that outshine Etoo's throughout the month.

On a side note: Oleguer seems to have steadily improved his game since the beginning of the season. His last few performances weren't too bad and I hope he can perform well every week. I admit I've been a huge Oleguer basher, but if he keeps up the good work, I'm definitely ready to change my mind.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Barca Rule said:
Marquez gets my vote. He's been a tremendous presence in midfield and did a great job leading our defence along with Puyol against Chelsea. He's certainly come a long way from the Marquez of last year - I remember many calling for his head after only his first season.
Ditto.

Though Eto'o has been phenomenal all season long pretty much. He deserves a vote every month, but I feel that Marquez has really been doing a fine job. Two goals, excellent at DM and at CB, and his overall play has been been very good.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Etoo, Xavi and Marquez, in that order. Deco has dropped his great level and Ronaldinho continues performing badly. I hope he is not a season marvel cause this season apart from the odd moment of brilliance he is well below last season output.
Etoo, Deco and Xavi contenders for player of the season.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Angel_Culé said:
Etoo, Deco and Xavi contenders for player of the season.
Not counting the votes of this poll, this is the result of the addition of the previous months.

Code:
Samuel Eto'o	117
Deco		68
Xavi Hernández	63
Ronaldinho Gaucho	33
Rafael Marquez	24
Victor Valdés	14
Carles Puyol	13
Ludovic Giuly	10
Henrik Larsson	9
Andrés Iniesta	5
Van Bronckhorst	5
Damià Abella	1

September: Xavi
October: Eto'o
November: Márquez
December: Deco
January: Eto'o

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Eto'o for me ...

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Valdes, he's been on form since the beginning of the season and over the last month he has only added to that imo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What about an award for the worst player of the month? there can be only one in my book, the great Albertini! And the award for the player "who looks good but never delivers" goes to Guily, with Belletti second. The most improving player is Marquez (too early to say anything about Maxi), the most deteriorating (in form) player has to be Ronaldhino.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts