Xtratime Community banner

Real Madrid's April player of the month is...

• Cesar

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Salgado

• Roberto Carlos

• Pavon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hierro

• Helguera

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Makelele

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Zidane

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Figo

• Raul

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Moro

• Solari

• Guti

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Macca

• Geremi

• Savio

• Karanka

• Flavio

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since tomorrow's game is officially in May, we can go ahead with this month's poll.

Our April matches were as follows:

Liga

Sociedad 3 - Real Madrid 0
Real Madrid 4 - Tenerife 1 (Guti 2, Figo, Roberto)
Osasuna 3 - Real Madrid 1 (Moro)
Real Madrid 3 - Rayo 1 (Roberto, Moro, Figo)

CL

Barcelona 0 - Real Madrid 2 (Zidane, Macca)
Real Madrid 2 - Bayern 0 (Helguera, Guti)
Bayern 2 - Real Madrid 1 (Geremi)

No clear winner this month. Zidane, Makelele and Roberto stand out a little more then the rest this month. Solari wasn't better this past month then the previous, where he won our award in that month, but nevertheless, remains a candidate. Helguera is an honorouble mention, despite his sending off at Osasuna.

well?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The awards this year (thanks Labas for keeping track of this) :

September - Luis Figo
October - <no poll>
November - Fernando Morientes
December - Raul
January - <no poll>
Ferbruary - Fernando Morientes
March - Solari

Amazing that our most consistent performer this year, Makelele, and our maybe biggest offensive asset this year, Zidane, have yet to win one! :eek:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I really enjoy our monthly awards, especially when we do keep track of previous winners and have a good overview of what we thought at different times during the season:cool:

This month was probably the most jekylish and hydish we've ever had ey?:embarass:
To me only 2 players stand out, and that's ZIDANE and MAKELELE:star: The 2 guys who have yet to win (although Zidane probably would've bagged it in january:)), and who have been so consistant this season. Honorable mention would go to Guti perhaps, but then again when I think about the way he missed all those sitters, well... nevermind;)
Solari, last months winner is still doing very well, but not quite the GREAT form he was on the past 2 months:proud:

In the end I went with Makelele ahead of Zidane, because the guy has always been there for us, and has never failed to deliver, even when the others' fail. Zidane's role was instrumental in our big wins this month (one can't deny he was the most important player in games like v barca and v Bayern), but I can't help to ask, what he was up to in the games v Real Sociedad? Makelele didn't let us down, and althoug blaming Zidane may be a bit ridiculous (since the whole offense is to blame), his Congoleese friend just barely pips him for it;)

Till nexxt month!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just voted Roberto Carlos.
He is back in shape, and playing much better than back in January-February. He has even scored a free kick goal (We need your goals Roberto!:cool: ) after quite a long time. He was decisive in the two most important games of the month: against Barca and Baryern.

I'd have voted Helguera but for his two dismal performances against Osasuna (sent off) and Real Sociedad (stupid penalty kick). Honourable mention to him though.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Pheewwww... :D :D :D :D :D

Finally, you put Guti on this poll, :tongue: now,that's what I call Fair... coz' Guti had done much for the team and he should be put in as a respect.

But, I think this player of the month (April), should go to my fellow Frenchman ex Juventus.. Zizou.. he's a remarkable person.. :D :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
This was the toughtest!

I picked Zizou but I could have easily choosed Makelele, R. Carlos and even Salgado for their play in the champions league.

Zizou goal against Barca was the decisive goal which could be the biggest goal of the season. It completely changed the complexity of the game at the nou camp.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If all these candidates can come up I guess I've to propose Michel Salgado. ;)

This guy's been making some saves which make our team has some 'respectable' scorelines in a couple of matches.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cliffordil said:
If all these candidates can come up I guess I've to propose Michel Salgado. ;)

This guy's been making some saves which make our team has some 'respectable' scorelines in a couple of matches.
Cliff,

Don't you mean Cesar? :confused:

I would only vote Salgado for worst player of the year award :D ;)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a tough call in my mind between Makelele and Zidane, but i went for Makelele because he really has been very consistent, very effective, and really the backbone of our midfield.

He deserves to start for France with Vieira over Petit! :star:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Makelele gets my vote.:cool: i just dont know why the media always call the Vieira transfer case.today i read the raletive news to say it probably 80%.:mad: besides i like to say sth for the subs. look at Guti and Macca who support the team with goals. im quite shocked a player miss the pitch for monthes who actually goal for score.:eek:

btw, Vamp,Suggest a multiple options then we can pick out NO1, 2,3.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
...I would only vote Salgado for worst player of the year award :D ;)
I must say if not for him, you'd be seeing more goals (from those crosses down our right) than you wanna see.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Personally, as most people in this poll have mentionned the 2 players who stood out this month, were Zizou and Make. It's a very tough choice, but i would go for Make in this month, believe it or not as he was more consistant than Zizou. Zizou may have been huge in the biggest games, but he as has been throughout his career, he has a certain tendency of not being at his best in the less important games. I guess it's just a matter of motivation for him, where he is at his absolute best, the bigger the game, which is the mark of a true champion. So, to wrap it up, my choice for the month of April's MVP goes to Make. He is literally like a 2nd coach on the field, where he almost recalls a certain Redondo, by his tactical importance, don't you think?;)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Roberto Carlos for his overall concistency ...month in and month out !!! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my opinion Raul is our best player this month ,altough he has not scored any goal this month.he has set up many chances to his team mates.In bayern home game he set the second goal to Guti.In Tenerife match he give Figo an out-standing pass that give us an important goal in that match.In Barca Away game he gave Zidane the pass which make him score our first goal and in the second goal it was Raul who take the ball from Gabri and then tackled hard by defence then the ball went to Consiecao who make the assist for Macca..In this month i saw Raul back to his best . he has lost some weight that affect him in the past months.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
it great to see that we have soo many players to choose from!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Well to me it was between Salgado, Makelele & Raul with Hierro & Zidane further back but at the end i chose Salgado. As Cliford said Salgado has been great for us, he saved our butts so many times. I know Vamps wont agree though :tongue: but seriously he always gives his all :star:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
laoer said:
btw, Vamp,Suggest a multiple options then we can pick out NO1, 2,3.
Kan,

Not sure if we can set-up the poll to take into consideration actual ranking (1,2,3). if you vote for 3 players, it would just ad a vote to each one :)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hala Madrid said:
I know Vamps wont agree though :tongue: but seriously he always gives his all :star:
I respect any player who gives his all, but that doesn't mean his all is any good in the end!

I never saw Salgado give his all, because he did in Celta and i insist his performances with us still pale in comparison. :depress:

Thats just my opinion in the end :)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
...because he did in Celta and i insist his performances with us still pale in comparison...
Com'on, let's be fair! There're a lot of players that doesn't perform as well with us than with their former clubs, all for a variety of reasons!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Salgado?:D
Ermmmm, I'm starting to think the reallife Real Madrid players really do visit this website:howler:

Hala Madrid:tongue: = Salgado?:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts