Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am the webmaster of an English language website on Korean football (ROKfootball.com), and I am currently trying to complete a full list of the names of foreign imports that have played in the K-League. The full names of a number of imports in the 1980s and early 1990s haven't been fully recorded in the league archives, and so it's proving rather difficult to track down complete identities of players.

I am specifically looking for information on a player who I believe may be Armenian. An official K-League publication I have lists this player as being Polish, however an exhaustive search has failed to turn up a player of this nationality, and I have been advised the name may be Armenian.

These are the details I have on the player from the official K-League records:

Name: Kajaran (best-guess translation from Korean to English)
Date of birth: 28-10-61
Position: DF
Club in Korea: Yukong Elephants (now Jeju United)
Season: 1992
Games: 2
Goals: 0

I have searched the archives on sites such as Player History as well as Google and various other places, and the Armenian family name Khachatryan seems to match the written Korean. There are many players with that surname, but none of them share the same birthdate as this unknown player.

The information is to be part of this page:
http://www.rokfootball.com/imports_europe

"Kajaran" is currently listed under Poland, as per his listing in the official K-League records, however I believe this to be incorrect.

Can anyone shed any light on who this player might be?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I have no idea either, but maybe the last name as you wrote "Kajaran" could also correspond to Kocharian or Kajarian or Kazarian. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The player you are looking for is what Ultras said, Karapet Mikaelyan.

He played for the following clubs:

1. Krilia Sovetov

2. Gaz-Gaz

3. Sokol Saratov

4. Yukong

5. Zvezda

6. Amur Komsomolsk

The 4th club matches yours, so he must be the one. It was in the 1997 season and went by the name Puchon Yukong.

P.S. I dont think anyone should be playing for a club called Gaz-Gaz.

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
Karen said:
and how on earth Karapet Mikaelyan became Kajaran is a mystery to me.
He was perhaps bad in prononciation :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, thanks for the help but "Kajaran" and Karapet Mikaelyan are definitely two different players.

Karapet Mikaelyan made 15 appearances for Yukong in 1997, but this mystery player in question made the two appearances in 1992 (for the record, the dates of his appearances were April 4th and June 13th).

I did wonder if the player in question could be either Ashot Khachatryan or Vardan Khachatryan - the date of births are both incorrect but then I've spotted similar mistakes in the K-League records with other foreign players too.

According to the Player History website, Ashot played for Ararat Yerevan in the Soviet Union from 1976~1991, but there is no information on his career after that date. He did, however, play for the Armenian national team in 1994 so I would imagine he continued playing somewhere, which may have included Korea.

Vardan's birthdate is October 29th 1968 which shares some similarities to the mystery player (October 28th, 1961), so could just be a simple case of entering the wrong details in the archive. He played 27 times for Ararat in 1992 though so seems unlikely he spent a minimum of two and a half months of that year in Korea.

As FCArarat pointed out, it could be any number of spellings... bah.

Thanks for the help so far, everyone :)

·
Money-Master
2,708 Posts
Mher Hzor said:
Es tghayin petka shtap mehat aghchik charel![/QUOTE
khentalen mera !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts