Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched Italy versus Sweden. Del Piero really disappointed me. He needs acres of space before he could preform. When he is marked, he often got cluttered by the ball at his feet. Although he scoreda beautiful goal in the end, it was because Sweden has left gaps at the back and plenty of space after pushing everybody up in search of a winner.

Montella was more impressive. Dibiagio instinctive passes at midfield is a joy to watch.......makes Italian soccer so much more interestinga and faster.

Italy defence was solid. For the next match, midfield I would go for Di biagio, Fiore, Zambrotta and Di livio.......

Attack, I would choose Montella, Totti and Izhagi

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree with you about Montella. He should definitely play in the first team, but he should take Inzaghi's spot. Montella is a much better finisher, has way better ball control, and has a better shot than Inzaghi without a doubt. I think Inzaghi has been one of the most disappointing players of the tournament. He has only one goal and that was from a PK that should have never been given. He has missed at least five or six clear cut chances. I also believe that Del Piero should play in place of Totti. It seemed that DP and Montella had a good understanding of each other on the pitch, much better than that of Totti and Inzaghi. DP was unlucky not to add another goal late in the game when Montella found him making a run for goal. Di Biago was impressive except for the bad pass that led to the Swedish goal and I think that he should take Albertini's spot (the only thing is, I read that Di Biago picked up a slight muscular injury). Also, get that bloody Pessotto off the team. He's terrible!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I think Totti, Del Piero and Montella should all play together. Fiore dropping back where Albertini is. Di Biagio is a hard one because if you play Totti, DP and Montella, Fiore has to play in that midfield role so Di Biagio can't make it. Unless we play Conte on the right, and drop Zambrotta. But Conte isn't fast etc... and plays his best in the middle. It is hard but i would rather DP Totti and Montella. DROP INZAGHI AND ALBERTINI!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
But you have to admit Del Piero's goal was excellent. He had two defenders running alongside him. He dropped back suddenly looked ahead and blasted it over Hedman's HED with a great left foot strike. :D :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree with you CUG in 100% !!!!!

But Pessotto should be drop too

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Best possible line up in my view.

....................Toldo
....................Nesta.........
...........Canavarro.......Maldini
...........DiBiagio............Albertini
Conte....................................Zambrotta
.....................Fiore.......................
................Totti....Del Piero/Montella

DiBiagio if he is fit has to play because he is a class above all other Italian central midfielders put him and ALbertini in midfield the way Albertini is playing and you have a superb technically sound midfield.

Conte on the right and Zambrotta on the left as he plays with Juve.

Fiore behind the strikers and the better technically Del Piero or Montella to partner Totti up front.

that team can defeat Romania but can it withstand Holland and France?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank totally agree with you Pessotto is garbage!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts