Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I got a soothing feeling after reading it. If you are looking to relax and feel better, take a deep breath and enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juve still a force warns Platini Tuesday 10 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The legendary Michel Platini has dismissed talk that a winning Juventus cycle has come to an end.

The reigning Italian champions have been heavily criticised after their disastrous 4-0 loss at Roma on Sunday but Platini insists they will be back.

"Juventus have won trophies since 1930 so an era hasn’t ended," said the former Bianconeri No 10.

"Losing at Roma is the sort of thing that can happen in a season but I don’t think it will affect the rest of Juve’s campaign."

The Turin giants were outclassed at the Olimpico but Platini insists there is a simple reason for the defeat.

"Juventus are focusing on winning the Champions’ League," he claimed. "Therefore they can’t be at their best right now.

"Lippi is preparing his side to be at their peak for the final push in March, April and May.

"Roma and Juventus are sides with different objectives this season. That’s why their form is so different now."

Platini also commented on Francesco Totti who was again impressive for the capital outfit at the weekend.

"I would like to see him in a more combative and difficult environment," added the Frenchman. "Totti to Real? I don’t think so. Especially as Zinedine Zidane has a new contract."

Football Italia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
UltraGeo said:
"Juventus are focusing on winning the Champions’ League," he claimed. "Therefore they can’t be at their best right now.

"Lippi is preparing his side to be at their peak for the final push in March, April and May.

"Roma and Juventus are sides with different objectives this season. That’s why their form is so different now."
Glen, Steph! et al, I told ya so! :howler:

I actually wanted to have a go at the disappearance of the 'traditional' January peak yesterday (really!) Its all very well that Platini mentioned it today instead. Could it really be the case of a planned delayed start? Maybe the problem REALLY is a physical one as claimed all along :tongue: Given that the final hurdles have always been somewhat problematic, tweaking the schedule a coupla months forward makes sense. The only problem (a big one at that) is that with the evidence thus far, the predicament doesn't appear to be deliberate :stress:

Honestly, this team's for the CL! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, but what happens if Juve don't win the CL?

Having these d-fens issues doesn't help a bit either, considering CL is the playground for the big birds.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Re: Re: Platini's Recomforting Words

chinq said:
Glen, Steph! et al, I told ya so! :howler:

I actually wanted to have a go at the disappearance of the 'traditional' January peak yesterday (really!) Its all very well that Platini mentioned it today instead. Could it really be the case of a planned delayed start? Maybe the problem REALLY is a physical one as claimed all along :tongue: Given that the final hurdles have always been somewhat problematic, tweaking the schedule a coupla months forward makes sense. The only problem (a big one at that) is that with the evidence thus far, the predicament doesn't appear to be deliberate :stress:

Honestly, this team's for the CL! :D
I am telling ya - the man has a greta point in general and I love his way of thinking!
chinq - you are on teh right track! :cool: ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts