1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Think it's a good idea. Each ref should have responsibility for one half of the pitch. Ridiculous to expect them to be able to keep up with a game as fast as modern day football.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I wonder at how this would affect La Liga,, refs have bad judgement as it is... To have a second referee... not sure that would improve things :D

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If you have one referee in each half, I think it could work if each ref is solely responsible for his own half and not the other.

But additional linesmen would be a better idea.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Can you imagine all these linesmen running up and down the line? It would be like a comedy scene with linesman running into each other as they would have their eyes on the game. For me linesman dont have enough impact on decisions because they are too far away for a start. If there is a linesman per half (ie 4) then Im not sure we'd get better decisions. There would be an improvement but offsides for example can be difficult to call because of the pace of the game

I dont see a problem with more than one ref on the field. More eyes means better decisions. Maybe one in each half but even 2 in one half wouldnt be that bad. To improve decisions, however, we need technology and Im sure we will see something in the near future but perhaps not while Platini is in charge unless it's really revolutionary.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
The 4 linesman scheme is meant for 2 behind the net to spot infringements... divings, hands-of-god, arms-of-god.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Two match officials, one in each half, still will not eliminate human error - its simply the nature of the beast. That said, the benefits would be very minimal.

A linesman behind each net would be the best solution, as that is where most of the missed calls happen.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
An extra player should be added on the pitch!

A total of 12 players in a team baby!

12 x 12 matches! NOw that's really innovative :D

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
How about doing it like the NFL? Put some refs in a booth with a TV and review the controversial stuff.

·
Scudetto
23,477 Posts
Thats one thing that I don't like about the NFL, is that its so damn slow!

I don't want sawker to be like that.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
We should just have the moviola in campo. I dont get why we do not already. It would literally take 20 seconds tops to call the right decision. If a purist of the game like me agrees, then you know itsgood. the other best solution would be two linesmen where the goal is. forget the rest, its rubbish.

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
2 refs doesn't solve anything. The refs aren't exactly missing plays because of their bad locations.

Errors are due to 1) linesmen and 2) human error - which includes eye frame rate, reflexes, etc etc

Having more linesmen will also solve nothing, but get a ****ing video replay because it's getting ridiculous...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Video replay... what if a defending player fouled the opposing player and then launch a counter-attack and score the goal.

When will the video start to make its effect and conclusions? after 3 mins or after 10 mins before the ref Blows.

·
Historian
1,364 Posts
video replay sucks in the NFL and it is slow, don't understand why

video replay in am. college football is much faster and very effective

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
camelface a lot of it is absolutely down to position, the game moves so fast, the ref struggles to keep up and stay in a good position to view what's going on. Very hard to judge a penalty call from 40 metres away.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Lets have 2 refs, with their intepretations on the game. You would have one side with a leniant referee and would be able to get away with hardle tackles on one side than the other.

"But ref, I got away with that tackle on the other side of the pitch".

Its just a ridiculous proposition, you need one and one overall authority on the pitch in a fluid game. The best solution is more linesmen, hell have one on the goal line and even a video ref with head set to the on field referee. This is the elite level of the sport and the officiating should be superior that that of the lower levels. Football is the only sport where the higher the level you got, the quantity of officiating doesnt increase.

Some may call it "ruining the game" as an excuse for not increasing officiating, what that basically translates to is making it easier to fix. Making the offside road harder to call means an increase in mistakes and "wrong" calls, etc...

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
how does it affect the game if there are more linesmen? Whats wrong with you people? The more the merrier I say... linesmen that is. A gol line ref as well, maybe they could be in charge of PK calls and gol line issues.

2 Refs would slow the game down a bit, as they would have to discuss issues, but it wouldnt be nearly as bad as the nfl... it would take 20 seconds to discuss and that could be added to injury time

1 - 20 of 23 Posts