Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the best French player of all time ?

I think Zidane is great but hja can't compare to Platini, who scored 10 goals in a singe EC and he was a midlfielder.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zidane and Platini don't have anything to do with Arsenal, so please no arsenal bashing. I just want to see who do you think is better

But probably a gunner will come hear saying Henry is the best French player of all time.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
juventus2 said:
Zidane and Platini don't have anything to do with Arsenal, so please no arsenal bashing. I just want to see who do you think is better

But probably a gunner will come hear saying Henry is the best French player of all time.

:lick:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Interista said:
Can't we stop with the comparison threads, we all know it will eventually become an Arsenal bashing.
That's true, and you're the one who will probably start it :D ;)

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
IMHO, Zidane Zidane and Michel Platini are both equal.

Platini was amazing for Juve and so was for France.
Zidane too was amazing for Juve, Real Madrid and for France lifted the EC and WC in a row.

Its really hard to say who was the better player from these two, as I think both players had different "missions" on the field.

Zidane surely is the better entertainer, but Platini scored TONS of goals and I can't think of any midfielder who scored as much as much (unless you consider Maradona as a midfield)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't think we can say if ZZ or MP is the best. They were both players who had an huge impact on their generation.
The only thing that is sure is that ZZ won A WC whereas Platini failed. That's one of the reason tha some ppl will say ZZ.
IMO you don't need to win a WC but you have to play well in a WC to be considered as a great player (Cruijff or Platini for example) cuz these are the tournaments where players have most pressure.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Platini was a better goalscorer but Zidane was the more jaw dropping, look at that midfield that Platini had to play in, it was much more skilful than the Zidane one, Giresse was every bit as stunning as Platini in that tournament they won.

Henry is surely better than both though, 128 EPL goals and 73 assists in 5 and a half seasons says it all. :pp :D

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I like more Platini as an all around player, and being more determinant and participating player, I like more Zizou in the "plastic" department, grace is the name of Zidane (even thought is a sacrilege to put it in this way, when the comparisson is with the awesome and plastic Platini, but Zizou get his praise, and deservedly, more from this aspect, than his real participation in a game..anyway he is smart as few to know when to appear, and when not, lately is just an age, and some "what's left to win is there for me problem").
In both cases huge talented players, with huge triumphs, and as I am a playmaker fan I love both and represent the best examples of the role, so I won't not even try to put even a marvellous striker as Henry, Fontaine, etc above the two mentioned here. Just to mention some great french players: Tigana, Giresse, Blanc, Rochetau, Amoros, etc..etc..

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Le Tallec will be better than boath :shades:

in serious note now Platina was more effective scoreing more goasl but Zidane was more technical andmor flashy

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Purger said:
Platini was a way better player than Zidane is/was.
Rubbish.

How was he "way better"? I can respect your opinion if you think Platini is better, but way better than the maestro? I don't think so.

Platini gets a lot more credit than he deserves because people do not realise the other quality midfielders in the National Team at the time.

Zidane took an average French side to World and European Cup glory. Look at what has happened to France since Zidane has retired. They're a complete joke.

I think they are both extremely gifted players, but Zidane for me has the edge because he has won everything there is to win and comes up with the goods time and time again on the biggest stages. He hasn't been himself lately but it's not like he is getting any younger.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
what are you talking about....France are a joke ? ...what the 3 games they have played so far after Zidane left...not like Zidane did anything in the Euro;s. so if they were a joke now they were a joke then.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts