Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/06/19/3186141/platini-hopes-for-germany-spain-final-at-euro-2012

Uefa president Michel Platini revealed that he is hoping to see Germany meet Spain in the final of Euro 2012.

The 2008 finalists won their respective groups to progress to the quarter-finals of the competition and Platini would like to see the two countries go all the way.

"I would like the final to be between Germany and Spain," Platini told reporters at a press conference in Warsaw.

Platini was surprised to see Russia and the Netherlands eliminated from the tournament at the group stage and thought that the failure of the two contenders to progress showcased the strength of the competition.

"Netherlands going out shows that Euro 2012 is harder than the World Cup," Platini continued.

"Netherlands' exit really took me by surprise, as did the elimination of Russia."

The former France midfielder reserved special praise for Cesare Prandelli's Italy, hailing the Azzurri's departure from their usually defensive style of play.

"He [Prandelli] has got his team playing football, it's great to see," Platini enthused. "I was baffled when I saw that Italy had renounced their classic defensive style of play."
If the NBA-NFL-MLB-NHL President said something like this, during the playoffs, there would be seerious consequences.

UEFA doesn`t even hide their bias. This HAS to be a serious conflict of interest for someone is his position to say this durin the tournament at best, at worst its litigious.

But UEFA seem to make no secret that they are a cartel and such blatantly unsportsmanlike comments don`t hardly register in the world`s press.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Platini is French. Why wouldn't he want a France v Whoever final? :confused:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Everyone knows that FIFA and UEFA are joke organizations. Platini really hates the fact that the EPL is the most popular league in the world. I think that the English will go ahead with using technology in their league and eventually UEFA will catch up.

France only got the 2016 because of him. It should have gone to Turkey who never got to host anything before.

You would think being an ex footballer that Platini would have more sense but he is in the same box a Blatter.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Good; neither Spain nor Germany will reach the Final :thumbsup:

England to win Euro 2012 on the ground of being Chelsea-esque!

·
Fourth Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
4,820 Posts
very dumb thing to say for leader of uefa. he should be neutral and talk of improvement in game.

also for french guy he support other teams show his true chracter. he not even patriotic.

how such peoples become president? :thmbdown:

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Good; neither Spain nor Germany will reach the Final :thumbsup:

England to win Euro 2012 on the ground of being Chelsea-esque!
most of my friends think in the same way.. i.e england to win the euro as chelsea surprised us in the UCL.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I think Germany will get to the final. They're too strong to be jinxed. The Bayern guys will carry over their Champions League form minus the choker Robben so should pull off a win this time. If Gomez flops they can always bring on Klose.

But he shouldn't be saying such things in a position of power and influence like that.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
He's just talking as a fan or casual observer. He wants to see the two sides in the final that play the most attractive football. Plus a chance at revenge for Germany.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts