Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i do not agree about what he says about to much foregin players.He is right about these billionaires coming into England.As a Arsenal fan i would hate it if someone like this came into my club even if he promised to get Kaka and Eto'o.Fifa or Uefa must do something to stop these people coming in.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Of course you'd hate it if you could sign Kaka or Eto'o, when you can sign Silvestre. Give me a break - that's why you feckers had a thread there with the moment of truth, signing 5 etc in your forum.

Saying that, there needs to be a rule where transfers/wages are a % of revenue, as otherwise it defeats the purpose of academy building. But with the trend rising, that will never happen.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drito i do not want a billionare in my club.I would hate it so much.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am all for something that breaks the dominance of the big four. Go Citeh!
I have no problems with teams who want to break up the big 4.As long as it done fair. really should be a big 3 because Chelsea only there cos of Roman.Teams should sell players or be smarter in transfer market look at Spain in the last 5 years.Teams like Real Socidead,Villareal,Sevilla,Athletico Madrid all have have been in the top 4 in the last 5 years not because of a billionares.But they done it in the right way.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
You can't break the top four on a regular basis without money. The gap is too big. In Spain it hasn't been done on a regular basis. It's normally Real, Barca, Valencia and someone else.

And just you wait till QPR come up, seeing as they're even richer than Man City and Chelsea.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Man City will break into the top 4.

However, they're talking about 135 million quid bids for Ronaldo. They're talking crazy money. This is not in the best interest of football, as a Gooner I'm worried about our position in the top 4, but as a football fan I'm more worried about this reckless throw about of money. Football is going to go down the pan, unless there's response to this.

Football will no longer become a game about good managers, good fans or good players. It'll be about the clubs who are owned by multi billionaires who are bored.

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
What you don't realize is that the top 4 have all the money. These billionaires are bridging the gap. This is how they'll create their own history.

I'm all for it . . .

Every league is being dominated by some team. That team has all the money and were likely backed by someone willing to spend that money. Fulham and others can't compete with 30 million quid bids. Come on . . .

The "best leagues" in the world shouldn't be so predictable. I'm so sick of seeing the same teams in the Champions League every year. Who gives a **** about draws when the majority of the teams were their last year? To see who else is in their group? LoL! Usually we know which two will come out of it anyway . . . *yawn* . . .

EDIT: Let's also not forget when one of these smaller clubs has a jewel worth keeping (young player). When one of those sharks is patrolling the waters, what happens to that kid? He becomes unsettled and is ready to move on. He isn't going to stick it out and wait for your team to develop. It's a circle that'll never end until you have some money to keep those players around . . .

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
You can't break the top four on a regular basis without money. The gap is too big. In Spain it hasn't been done on a regular basis. It's normally Real, Barca, Valencia and someone else.
Lets see the stats.
CL distributions among leagues, Spain 1st, England only 5th despite having more CL spots than France and Germany who are above England.

1.Spain-11 clubs , 46 appearances

FC Barcelona (13), Real Madrid (13), Valencia CF (6), Deportivo La Coruna (5), Atletico Madrid (2), Villarreal CF (2), Athletic Bilbao (1), Celta de Vigo (1), RCD Mallorca (1), Real Betis (1), Real Sociedad (1)

5.England-7 clubs, 44 app.

Manchester United (14), Arsenal (11), Chelsea (8), Liverpool (7), Newcastle United (2), Blackburn Rovers (1), Leeds United (1)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
You're misunderstanding me, Green. Your stats actually back me up. Real, Barca and in more recent times Valencia you would expect to make it (Deportivo in the 90's). Since then, teams have got in, but have been unable to sustain it. Much like Everton, Leeds and Newcastle briefly breaking in over here.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I know what you meant, but in England 40 CL spots were taken by the top 4 among the years, only 4 times a smaller team made it.

In Spain you have 7 different team who got into the CL 9 times.

The top 4 in Spain is very breakable, even Real and Barca missed out sometimes. Italy, Germany and France sent more different teams to the CL than England.

The EPL is like a close club of 4 teams, i really hope someone will break it, City, Tottenham or whatever.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Yeah, and believe me I would prefer more parity. It's just that no other league has a top four as strong as the EPL, so it's really, really ****ing tough to break in there. I mean if you look at the CL ko's last season, the EPL big four only got knocked out by each other.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Not only it's a big four, but it seems like the big four split into 2 groups in which the really big 2 (United and Chelsea) fights for the title and the 2 other (Arsenal and Liverpool) fights for 3rd place.

·
Registered
46,052 Posts
Money rules. Snce a team breaks in, you can expect that team to be raided for its best players by the bigger, richer teams. Like reo said.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Well what he will need to do is, raise an army, topple the EU government, fight off any US interest and take a stand of communism to then go ahead with an anti-rich agenda.

Those of us living on planet Earth however will have to make do with the idea of capitilism.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
billionaires pour money into the clubs. money allows clubs to buy better players and thus compete for bigger successes. this produces two effects.
money money in the game is followed by the will to make more money out of the fans. if you've spent 40 mil quid you want to make as much cash to make up for that 40 mil quid, even if you are a crazy arab with too much money to spend. desires for more money lead to bigger ticket prices, bigger tv contract which leads to more expensive subscriptions for the fans who want to follow the league on tv. bigger appetites for cash also lead to bigger sponsorship deals which leads to less and less companies being able to afford to advertise.
another effect that comes out of more money in the game and higher expectations situation is the increase of transfer fees. as time goes on one needs more and more money to buy players of the same quality. in effect that causes effect number 1 (the increased milking of the fans) to progress at bigger rate.

however this is where the limit comes in the effect. while clubs' fortunes might be on the rise fans' fortunes aren't and sooner or later the clubs will come to a point where the income from the fans will start dropping.

ultimately english club football is a balloon that just keeps getting expanded, but there's only so much you can inflate the balloon and remember the bigger the balloon is the bigger bang it produces when it pops.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Depends on the owner. No matter how much Kenyon talks about breaking even, Abramovich clearly doesn't give a **** about getting his money back.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
rob there's no such thing as infinite source of money. every sack of money has its bottom no matter how deep the sack is.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts