Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's talk about the priorities for Euro Inter next year. This is not a joke thread between the 8 posters that post in this forum. Looking at the needs a Euro team has now that we see Man Utd raping everyone, we need to build in order to beat them and Barcelona, this is the truth. They are a good barometre to achieve excellence.

A few times this year I mentioned a few things Inter need, and I say I didn't say it with the right mentality. One must first consider these identity of the team before starting. Personally, I think Inter's identity with a few destroyers in midfield is fine. They must get a two-way midfielder in there though (not a xavi/pirlo type), and a shooter in AMC that can shoot long range and bring up the ball with confidence.

At full-back, you seem okay but could use a super left back. The central defence might need an extra name but that is not absolutely essential.

Your problems are in the second half of the field obviously. Your identity should remain power, and you don't necessarily have to string 25 passes before scoring. A good two-way midfield kind of like you hope Grampi would do on the outside should be good for you guys with Cambiasso and JZ/muntari (of course, feel free to upgrade on Muntari too but we are talking about more millions). If JZ is fit again next year and he can play like he did vs Man Utd that would be good. Not sure how he's played in the last few weeks when in midfield, someone maybe can enlighten me.

You also need a poacher. It was annoying to see Adriano **** up all his chances vs Man Utd. A good poacher like Milito (or someone better obviously) might be what you need to convert the few chances you get. I don't believe too much in Balotelli yet either for any starting role. He has a very bad attitude and slow acceleration that he hasn't dealt with on the big stage.

That's it. I don't wish to make this redundant. It's not a thread to copy paste transfer speculation, or necessarily about exact names, it's about identifying the needs as we see the opposition left in the CL.

Forza Inter :cool:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
If Zlatan leaves, I feel the club should rebuild or start a minor one anyways. To get the talent to push them over the top will be next to impossible.

So instead of chasing some talent that will cost us dearly, maybe we should buy young talent, and build out. The team doesn't need a gutting, but if RA comes back, with Balotelli and Santon, this might be the perfect time to bring in more young talent with high potential.

I also realise that this could mean we fall back to earth in Serie A, but to aim for 2010 doesn't seem realistic to me, when you factor in the overall age of the club, and holes we have to fill. We don't want to make the mistakes that Milan has made of late...never thought I would say that. :neutral:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Right, so this is what we need for next year:

1. Poacher to go along with Ibra
2. New AM to replace Stankovic
3. New CM to replace Muntari
4. Possibly new CB because our CBs get injured way too often

As for mentality, hopefully that will improve. I felt like Mourinho didn't put enough work into the CL because he wanted to be absolutely sure that he would win the league, because he was under pressure to be able to replicate what Mancini did (i.e. win the league). I felt his attitude was something like "first I prove that I can win in Italy". So now that it's done, he can think about the CL a bit more.

However, besides just players, and seeing how there are 3 English teams in the Semifinals each year, I sometimes doubt if Serie A can produce a CL-winning team in the near future.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
To be able to be at par with the likes of Barcelona and the English giants you need loads of cash because you need to sign a LOT of very expensive players.

One problem though: The very best players are already taken...

Maybe this team would compete.

--------------- Ibra ------ Villa

- Ribery ----- Diego ----- Cambiasso -- Silva

- ???? ----- Samuel --- Cordoba ----- Maicon

------------------- J.Cesar

But even then... Just look at the players "they" have... Messi, Ronaldo, Torres, Etoo, Gerrard, Essien, Xavi, Vidic, Rooney, Henry, Drogba, Terry, Ferdinand, D.Alves etc etc...

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Verdi you are posting gibberish formations except for Villa who I think Inter need. Other than that: Ribery I don't see at Inter but by all means try very hard to get him, Silva is useless overrated player, Diego could be possibility but honestly I don't see him as any type of saviour or good enough leader for this team. Sometimes getting a guy like Diego takes away from the "team" and doesn't build on what you need to build on. A guy like Hamsik seems more intelligent, less selfish, etc. He is often involved in the build up play with Mannini, etc. But then again, not sure he has the influence needed to field as the AMC. All things to look at.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Inter will not change the team that much in a single season nor do they really need to. Yes they need a Diefo and maybe a winger, but Inter will not spend the money to get Villa, Ribery, Silva and Diego nor would many clubs in the world right now.

Inter need to add to the squad, replace the dead wood as usual and be a little more efficient in the market this year and not waste big money on crap like Mancini and Quaresma.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That aside, close this topic, its already being disucced on daily basis in 259 other topics.
No it's not, the focus is totally lost in other threads. This thread is to comment on your improvements needed after watching the quarters, semis, final of champions league. No copy-paste, a little more talk and discussion to label problems related to Euro competition and not Serie A.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
It doesnt matter even discussing this anyways.

Mourinho only likes overrated Portuguese bottlers and dirty brainless Africans and average EPL players.

His fetish for these players is hilarious tbh.

If any of our signing doesnt fit atleast one of the 3 catagories above, then i promise to leave this board and never return.

We can dream all we want about Diego, ribery, Hernanes and whoever, but none are comming.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts

Mourinho only likes overrated Portuguese bottlers and dirty brainless Africans.

Agreed, I hope he goes for a little more from Italy and Central/Western Europe for a change.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, who will fund the 200 million mercato?

Terribly unbalanced team, Diego is closer to being a striker than a central midfielder. That lineup would make us look like Real Madrid in the Champions League, I prefer to look like Inter when we crash out.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Mourinho only likes overrated Portuguese bottlers and dirty brainless Africans and average EPL players.

If any of our signing doesnt fit atleast one of the 3 catagories above, then i promise to leave this board and never return.

We can dream all we want about Diego, ribery, Hernanes and whoever, but none are comming.
Yeah, it's retarded. He's the biggest clown in world football. Got the transfers and tactics wrong all year. I think those are the only two departments he is involved in. The minute I saw him bring on 2 Portugueuse wingers at half-time when he needed a goal, changing to 4-2-4 and the results being exactly what they should be, no goals for, some against, it was enough to judge him. He has little feel for the game. I don't understand how he was able to build a real reputation like he has. EPL fans are real **********s maybe.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Verdi you are posting gibberish formations except for Villa who I think Inter need. Other than that: Ribery I don't see at Inter but by all means try very hard to get him, Silva is useless overrated player, Diego could be possibility but honestly I don't see him as any type of saviour or good enough leader for this team. Sometimes getting a guy like Diego takes away from the "team" and doesn't build on what you need to build on. A guy like Hamsik seems more intelligent, less selfish, etc. He is often involved in the build up play with Mannini, etc. But then again, not sure he has the influence needed to field as the AMC. All things to look at.
It's not at all possible for Inter to get that team of course. It was just to illustrate that even if you could sign those players you would still be behind the best clubs.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yeah, who will fund the 200 million mercato?

Terribly unbalanced team, Diego is closer to being a striker than a central midfielder. That lineup would make us look like Real Madrid in the Champions League, I prefer to look like Inter when we crash out.
Hmm... What do you think of the balance in this team?

-------- Henry -------- Etoo -------- Messi

---------------- Iniesta ----- Xavi
---------------------- Toure

And again, I posted that formation just as an illustration.

You sign Hamsik, Milito and the likes. And crash out in the quarterfinals at best...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
For the hundredth time, how many f-in times do I have to repeat this?

If you are down with minutes to go, then yes, bring on strikers for tired players and switch to a more attacking formation. Is this ****ing rocket science? would you switch to having 8 defenders? For god's sake :wallbang:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
For the hundredth time, how many f-in times do I have to repeat this?

If you are down with minutes to go, then yes, bring on strikers for tired players and switch to a more attacking formation. Is this ****ing rocket science? would you switch to having 8 defenders? For god's sake :wallbang:
Who are you talking to?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
To be able to be at par with the likes of Barcelona and the English giants you need loads of cash because you need to sign a LOT of very expensive players.

One problem though: The very best players are already taken...

Maybe this team would compete.

--------------- Ibra ------ Villa

- Ribery ----- Diego ----- Cambiasso -- Silva

- ???? ----- Samuel --- Cordoba ----- Maicon

------------------- J.Cesar

But even then... Just look at the players "they" have... Messi, Ronaldo, Torres, Etoo, Gerrard, Essien, Xavi, Vidic, Rooney, Henry, Drogba, Terry, Ferdinand, D.Alves etc etc...

We would spend huge to get those players and not be any closer, so why bother? Spend on young talent, and be patient.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
We would spend huge to get those players and not be any closer, so why bother? Spend on young talent, and be patient.
Read my later posts. It was just to illustrate that even with extreme spending you won't reach the level of the best clubs.

Yes, build a team from younger players. But that takes time and Italy isn't exactly known for being the place with the most patient fans and club owners. Will you sacrifice the next 5 seasons to have a shot at the 2015 CL title? And maybe struggle to even reach top 4 in the next 2-3 years?

Probably the fans at San Siro will ask for the coach's head after 5-6 rounds if things start out badly.

It isn't easy to build a successful team with talents. Ask Arsenal. They haven't won anything in many years now...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts