Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Ayala is not playing this one...all the heavy weight is on Diego placente ...(our only good obtion).

Why good? well remember Placente won against Arsenal , liverpool and Man United in the champions leag.

I saw him against Beckamp... he did quite a good Job.

HOpe no one get injured anymore..

Bielsa should have brought more deffenders. (we only have Chamot as substitute .
Nestor Sensini should have been brought just in case.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Chamot is horrible, we should have brought Quiroga instead of either Caniggia, G.lopez or Husain...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Placente will do just fine. He's an excellent left back. He possess great awareness and his anticipation is first rate, not to mention that he's a good marker and tackler.

·
Registered
271 Posts
His ability was never in doubt. Every game for Leverkusen in the CL he was always one of the key players, along with Lucio, Balluck and Basturk. He's a very hard worker and can actually defend - unusual for 'modern' fullbacks ;)

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Yeah, Placente is very good palyer. Spanish club Barca wants him for the up-coming season.

I would say Quiroga instead of G.Lopez because I have feeling that Bielsa will not use him at all.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
You never know, G.Lopez can be effective on both wings. I think he might even be ahead of Piojo Lopez in Bielsa's selction process at this point.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What am worried about are yellow cards, and the few defenders we have, of course we need Ayala back ASAP:.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i also think that bielsa should have brought another defender.
if we lose against the english, and samuel gets another yellow card, with ayala also out, our defense in the match against sweden would be --PLACENTE--CHAMOT--POCHETTINO. and that woul be a crucial match.
honestly, the defense without samuel is another story. we cannot afford the losing of ayala and samuel.
i heard that bielsa was trying with almeyda as a central right back.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I have to agree with you BG and I hate saying this because I love Cani, but I wish Bielsa had brought another defender instead of Cani. I hope I'm wrong and the he gets fit enough to contribute to the team, but I'm not seeing it yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts