Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BRAZIL 2
ARGENTINA 1

I know Argentina has looked pretty good in some of the qualifiers, but they only beat Bolivia 1-0 at home ... and Bolivia outplayed them. I really cant see them beating Brasil.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You think Brazil will win? You think the Argentinian bubble is gonna burst? I think Argentina will win 2-1. I would say Argentina would win 3-1 if Batigol would play but he ain't gonna play coz he's supposedly injured.

• ARGENTINA 2
    BRAZIL 1

[Edited by isgna on 22-07-2000 at 08:03]

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
DriverX: Exactly how did Bolivia outplay Argentina? Argentina dominated this match from start to finish and if wasn't for some brilliant Bolivian defending, goalkeeping and bad luck (they hit the post & crossbar several times) The match would have finished 5-0 in favor of Argentina. Bolivia had one real chance in that match. The majority of the game was played in the Bolivian half of the pitch.

Brazil vs Argentina, this is going to be a tough match. I think were in great form, I can't see us losing. I think the match will end in a draw or a victory for Argentina.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Ze, you are showing no respect at all. Do you honestly believe that Brazil is capable of winning by such an exagerated margin? You seemed to have based your opinion on emotion and not logic. This match, will be very close, and Argentina have the capacity to win this match in a justifiable manner.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Czar ,
it is logic...I'm not disrespecting Argentina...is just a thing that when to good rivals meet, and one i playing much better than the other...and comes to play with such overconfidence it is normal to happen this.
I even saw on the news today several Argentinians saying the game was gonna be tough....although the majority of Argentinians and of the press, think is gonna be a walk over......which we all know it will not be, because when Brazil X Argentina face each other, is all on emotion, heart and love!:)
And I think this team will finally put some heart out their....because they are owing us something!:)
Czar, do you know Avalos???

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Argentina will win!!!
i bet $500 US for Argentina's victory over Brazil :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your'e a real fool H. Maldini, there goes your $500 :p

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Brazil 1
Argentina 3

This is based on pure logic.Argentina is on form,Brazil in a crisis.As far as my emotions go I think Brazil will manage a draw.

Ze,get real...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
It is true that when Argentina and Brazil meet, the game is full of passion and heart and hatred. But this Brazil team has NEVER showed any passion or spirit ever, not once.

What players on this team in the last year have showed any pride in their special shirt? In my opinion, only Ronaldinho Gaucho ALWAYS plays like a Brazilian. The rest often have laid down like dogs! They let Paraguay walk all over the Brazilian shirt, which used to be respected and feared by everyone. Now they are making that shirt almost a joke.

I would never bet against Brazil, but these players have to wake up FAST or Argentina will go up 1-0, 2-0 and then try to make it 5-0.

If Luxemburgo, worried about his job, plays with Ronaldinho Gaucho and Alex, Brazil wins 2-1, with goals by Ronaldinho and Rivaldo. If those two are missing, then Brazil falls 3-1.

Ze da Fiel, you honestly think Brazil is going to beat the best team in the world 4-1 without Cafu?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I really hope its gonna be a fantastic Brasileiro show and Brasil winning it 3-1 with goals from Ronaldinho, Alex and Rivaldo.

VIVA BRASIL!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
from jb.com.br early sunday morning: antonio carlos says the key is to stop veron, and if they can do that then they won't have to worry because the ball won't reach the arg attackers.

roberto carlos says he talked to luxemburgo and has been given permission to run as much as he wants and to participate in all the attacking. he says ortega is in great form and the two of them will be doing much running together. then he boasts that "in this game, i'm going to fly."

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Sure he is gonna fly......fly out of the stadium inshame after trying to pullover in front of the goalie and Simeone cracks in a tackle and smashes teh ball int the back of the net for 0-2

p.s. SAN_SIRO_1 i am soooooooooooooo diappointed in you bro. hahahaha a Brasil fan? I always thought of you as an Argy.....oh well....no one is perfect.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
iTazz, what made you think i was an argy fan?
I just love the beautiful game and Brasil is the one who plays the beautiful game when they play the way they know, "a la Brasileiro".
But i also do like some argy players such as Bati, Veron and the GOD Super Nando (Redondo). Nando must have some brasilian background the way he handles the ball., no? :)Ze can you confirm that?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
San Siro,
i don't know, but he definilty gets some videos of Falcao playing , cause they are very similar. He can't get those videos of any Argentinian player becaise they have not got one...only him!!:)
Amoroso, get real of what? If we beat 4x1 what will be your face?
The last 2 games have been 4x2, what's the problem of being 4x1?
Those argies think it will be a walk about, but it will not, Brazil is wouded, and when we are wounded we are at our most dangerous.
In 93 Bolivia came to brazil thinking they were gonn akill us, the first half was 5x0..only!:)
And i hope the players come in the game holding their hands together, in the same way they did against Bolivia in 93.......ARGENTINA YOUR TIME HAS COME!:)
San Siro....you are a VERY INTELIGENT PERSON!:)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Ze, We are not Bolivia. You cannot make, this comparison because it is invalid. The last two games, finished 4-2, but only one of those games was senior squad match. Don't forget that we beat you in Bs.As by 2-0 a few days before that lst match which finished 4-2 in favor of Brazil. Let's not forget that in April, 98, Argentina beat Brazil by 1-0 in the Maracana in Rio.

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Czar,
ok, but what i'm comparing is the circumstances...the team being slagged by the whole world. Every time this happens brazil changes, its always been like that...and honestly I hope and i am confident it will be the same:)
Of course you guys are not Bolivia, but then again the overconfidence IS PRESENT on the Argentinian camp.....ask Zanetti and he will tell you all about it!!:):)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze, let's talk about holding hands!

when brazil used to come on the field holding hands, the other team would always be scared. when holding hands, the brazilians looked like an unbeatable TEAM walking on the field. it was like they started the game winning 1-0 before they even touched the ball.

but luxemburgo stopped them from doing that! he's a big ass. he just wanted to show he's the boss and this is his team. well, the players should show luxemburgo that team unity is important, and they should all walk out holding hands on wednesday like they did first against bolivia in 1993. then it will be big trouble for argentina.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
falcao,
the thing was that the holding hands thing was about teh 94 team, and not of the 98....it quite lost the meaning, specially after taht WC final that i simply hate to remember. It was probably the worst year of my personall life and that final summed everything up :(
Thehonly good thing of that year was taht in the end, I flew to Brazil to see Coirthians be champion and see Gamarra and Marcelinh lift the trophy!:)
BUt now you are right, this is the time to hold hands...its faith now, and i got a feeling we will make it....i was even talking to my dad yesterday, and before I mentioned anything he said: we are gonna kill Argentina, this defeat was the best thing it happened to brazil...it will wake these guys up:.
And how right my dad is...after all he used to see Pele week in and out in Vila Belmiro or Pacaembu, and knows everything about football :)
I simply told my dad: " I think now Luxemburgo has realized what is exclty the SELECAO BRASILIERA is......nobody is bigger than the brazilian team.....not even the cocky manager that we have, who thought he was the king!:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts