·
Registered
62,100 Posts
It's 2-0 already.

Olhanense is sensational form today. :howler:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
2-1 final time, Wilson Eduardo reduced it right after the half start, Cardozo also put the ball in the back of the net but it was badly called offside.
I only saw the last 20' but it was enough to notice two things.

As it was evident last week against Beira-Mar, Benfica doesn't seem to be playing at the same level of about one month ago. Your midfield doesn't seem as fluid as back then and that is not a good sign having in mind the really tough schedule waiting for you in November.

Luisão, who was already on a yellow, handled the ball just outside your box thus cutting a dangerous cross from Olhanense. That should have been a freekick and a second yellow. The ref called for a corner. Just for the record.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only saw the last 20' but it was enough to notice two things.

As it was evident last week against Beira-Mar, Benfica doesn't seem to be playing at the same level of about one month ago. Your midfield doesn't seem as fluid as back then and that is not a good sign having in mind the really tough schedule waiting for you in November.

Luisão, who was already on a yellow, handled the ball just outside your box thus cutting a dangerous cross from Olhanense. That should have been a freekick and a second yellow. The ref called for a corner. Just for the record.
The game started off too easy and Benfica put it on cruise control.
Did you see the goal called back on Cardozo? Just curious....

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
However when in doubt you should always give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team, no biggie though.
When in doubt yes but in this case the linesman apparently had no doubts. Just like the ref had no doubts about not giving the handball of Luisão that would have given him a second yellow. Do you have a video of it btw? Or maybe a Record quote? :shades:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When in doubt yes but in this case the linesman apparently had no doubts. Just like the ref had no doubts about not giving the handball of Luisão that would have given him a second yellow. Do you have a video of it btw? Or maybe a Record quote? :shades:
Oh, ok, for a second there I thought that I was right but if the linesman had no doubts then he had no doubts.

As for Luisao's play, I don't think what you're speaking of as far as using the hand (would it have been in a 3 minute span too) I thought he pushed it instead but that's pretty much just as bad, so using your math Luisao's foul offsets Cardozo's goal then :howler:

PRICELESS

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Oh, ok, for a second there I thought that I was right but if the linesman had no doubts then he had no doubts.

As for Luisao's play, I don't think what you're speaking of as far as using the hand (would it have been in a 3 minute span too) I thought he pushed it instead but that's pretty much just as bad, so using your math Luisao's foul offsets Cardozo's goal then :howler:

PRICELESS
Cardozo scored no goal. He was called offside on a very tight situation. In 90% of these your club gets them on your favour.

Luisão should have seen a 2nd yellow for that handball and he didn't. He stayed on the pitch and afterwards was crucial in blocking a clear goal chance that Olhanense created in the last minute of added time. Furthermore he will not be suspended so he will be available for the next league game...in Braga.

If you believe in Santa Claus, that's your problem. :smileani:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cardozo scored no goal. He was called offside on a very tight situation. In 90% of these your club gets them on your favour.

Luisão should have seen a 2nd yellow for that handball and he didn't. He stayed on the pitch and afterwards was crucial in blocking a clear goal chance that Olhanense created in the last minute of added time. Furthermore he will not be suspended so he will be available for the next league game...in Braga.

If you believe in Santa Claus, that's your problem. :smileani:
Cardozo had a legit goal called back, everything else is BS, a goal called back is a worse call than a foul and second yellow.

as for the rest keep talking and we'll see how much you'll be talking after the 26th.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Cardozo had a legit goal called back, everything else is BS, a goal called back is a worse call than a foul and second yellow.
Sure Santa, whatever you say. :howler:

as for the rest keep talking and we'll see how much you'll be talking after the 26th.
Don't worry, your friends at APAF will make sure you win that one. :smileani:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sure Santa, whatever you say. :howler:

Don't worry, your friends at APAF will make sure you win that one. :smileani:
Ah... Filipe, never gives up... ok, i'll keep feeding the troll :D

I'll be Santa and you can be 2 yellows in 3 seconds.

Glad to see that you're already making excuses with APAF, let's look at the last results:

March 2nd 2011 Benfica x Sporting Bwin cup, 2x1 Benfica
February 2nd 2011, Sporting x Benfica, Liga Sagres: 0-2, Benfica
September 19th 2010, Benfica x Sporting, Liga Sagres: 2-0 Benfica
April 13th 2010, Liga Sagres Benfica x Sporting, 2-0 Benfica
February 9th 2010, Bwin Cup, Sporting x Benfica, 1-4, Benfica
November 28th 2009, Liga Sagres Sporting X Benfica 0-0
Oh yeah, here's the one.. March 31st 2009, Bwin, we won with a bad call :howler:, beat you in penalties 1-1, 2-3 after penalties :howler:

You're right, we got the call, as for the rest of the games... I'm sure you saw them, not even close.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Ah... Filipe, never gives up... ok, i'll keep feeding the troll :D

I'll be Santa and you can be 2 yellows in 3 seconds.

Glad to see that you're already making excuses with APAF, let's look at the last results:

March 2nd 2011 Benfica x Sporting Bwin cup, 2x1 Benfica
February 2nd 2011, Sporting x Benfica, Liga Sagres: 0-2, Benfica
September 19th 2010, Benfica x Sporting, Liga Sagres: 2-0 Benfica
April 13th 2010, Liga Sagres Benfica x Sporting, 2-0 Benfica
February 9th 2010, Bwin Cup, Sporting x Benfica, 1-4, Benfica
November 28th 2009, Liga Sagres Sporting X Benfica 0-0
Oh yeah, here's the one.. March 31st 2009, Bwin, we won with a bad call :howler:, beat you in penalties 1-1, 2-3 after penalties :howler:

You're right, we got the call, as for the rest of the games... I'm sure you saw them, not even close.
Only you to boast about winning the derby against what was probably the worst ever team that Sporting ever had in history. :howler:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts