·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
boring....we need to speed up in the 2nd half

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
What did he say?
He said: "it's not possible to send off a player like Aimar...he is a creative, a talent, how can a ref send off a player like that??".

He was completely owned by Sérgio Conceicão's assistant coach tonight and that of course is something that he wouldn't want to admit.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
oh...look who's here.....im surprised you didnt pop in last tuesday ;)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Sergio Conceicao has done a brilliant job. Suspended, sick, whatever... he has turned this team around. Overcame a 2-0 deficit last weekend, today get a draw with Benfica. Great job from him.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's true that Olhanense played the way they had to play and hats go out to them but let's not kid ourselves, Jesus was trying to save some legs for Tuesday, Pablito Aimar was deservedly thrown out for a stupid play and the field sucked, with that being sad we still had chances to win the game while playing with 10 men so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Filipe, I don't think it was so much JJ being outcoached, JJ had to put the people he did in thinking of the crazy workload ahead.

This one's done folks, hats off to the team for trying, hats off to Olhanense I guess ( who really celebrates a tie lol? ) and great game by Maxi, hope he's fine for Tuesday

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
It's true that Olhanense played the way they had to play and hats go out to them but let's not kid ourselves, Jesus was trying to save some legs for Tuesday, Pablito Aimar was deservedly thrown out for a stupid play and the field sucked, with that being sad we still had chances to win the game while playing with 10 men so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Filipe, I don't think it was so much JJ being outcoached, JJ had to put the people he did in thinking of the crazy workload ahead.

This one's done folks, hats off to the team for trying, hats off to Olhanense I guess ( who really celebrates a tie lol? ) and great game by Maxi, hope he's fine for Tuesday
But honestly, what's the focus of Benfica right now? You were one point behind the leaders with still 7 rounds to go in the league and you are facing Chelsea in the CL QFs. I know benfiquistas have their heads way up their arses but not even your club's management could be that megalomaniac and think that with this set of circumstances the focus should be on the CL.

I do think that Olhanense played very well defensively, just like they did against Porto and Sporting. I also think that their substitutions and consequent tactical changes confused JJ but truth must be said that you never seemed capable of winning this one.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But honestly, what's the focus of Benfica right now? You were one point behind the leaders with still 7 rounds to go in the league and you are facing Chelsea in the CL QFs. I know benfiquistas have their heads way up their arses but not even your club's management could be that megalomaniac and think that with this set of circumstances the focus should be on the CL.

I do think that Olhanense played very well defensively, just like they did against Porto and Sporting. I also think that their substitutions and consequent tactical changes confused JJ but truth must be said that you never seemed capable of winning this one.
To try to win every game left and obviously hope for others to lose points, as per the CL I think we have a chance to dispute the two games well vs Chelsea.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts