Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is only a red card tackle in Portugal if the opposing team is called Benfica or Porto.

Well done LF Vieira. :thumbsup:
I see it as being a pretty harsh tackle, not only that but Melga had him beat if it wasn't for that, to me it's a red because of the harsh tackle and positioning, maybe yellow if at midfield and no one around but otherwise I don't agree with you.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I see it as being a pretty harsh tackle, not only that but Melga had him beat if it wasn't for that, to me it's a red because of the harsh tackle and positioning, maybe yellow if at midfield and no one around but otherwise I don't agree with you.
Your team gets a really dubious red card on your favour after 7 minutes of game played on a fairly difficult away game and you were going to agree with me? Yeah, right. :smileani:

What about the marginal offside of Melga on your first goal? Let me guess...you will agree with me...because you've just made it 2-0. :cool:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your team gets a really dubious red card on your favour after 7 minutes of game played on a fairly difficult away game and you were going to agree with me? Yeah, right. :smileani:

What about the marginal offside of Melga on your first goal? Let me guess...you will agree with me...because you've just made it 2-0. :cool:
I respect the fact that you want to voice your opinion, if you don't think it's a red card then that's fine, I've already stated why I think it's a red.

The goal's play seems legit, TV images show that he might be slightly offiside, if you think that it should have been called the other way then it's fine too, that's your opinion, I wouldn't expect you to think he was on side nor would I expect you to be fair in any play, i remember last year right in the first minutes Nico Gaitan gets fouled in the box in your stadium, a clear penalty that was AT LEAST a yellow and you didn't even mention it so why would I ever expect you to see a game and be fair?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I respect the fact that you want to voice your opinion, if you don't think it's a red card then that's fine, I've already stated why I think it's a red.

The goal's play seems legit, TV images show that he might be slightly offiside, if you think that it should have been called the other way then it's fine too, that's your opinion, I wouldn't expect you to think he was on side nor would I expect you to be fair in any play, i remember last year right in the first minutes Nico Gaitan gets fouled in the box in your stadium, a clear penalty that was AT LEAST a yellow and you didn't even mention it so why would I ever expect you to see a game and be fair?
Thank you for allowing me to have an opinion, that's mighty generous of you sir.

The thing is that in this game I don't think Benfica would have needed this little help from your portista friend to win it. Unfortunately Vitória de Setúbal has a thin squad and is led by a mediocre coach and I'm almost sure they are simply going to be fighting to stay up, so you wouldn't need to be playing against 10 since minute 7 to win this one, nor you wouldn't need an offside goal to open the score.

Just like in the game that you will always remember your team would have been toyed by a much superior Sporting side no matter if Gaitan fall would have been called, in or outside the box, as it should have and as I have admitted back then.

I honestly just would like to see our league being played without any refereeing mistakes favouring or going against the top sides, that's all.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for allowing me to have an opinion, that's mighty generous of you sir.

The thing is that in this game I don't think Benfica would have needed this little help from your portista friend to win it. Unfortunately Vitória de Setúbal has a thin squad and is led by a mediocre coach and I'm almost sure they are simply going to be fighting to stay up, so you wouldn't need to be playing against 10 since minute 7 to win this one, nor you wouldn't need an offside goal to open the score.

Just like in the game that you will always remember your team would have been toyed by a much superior Sporting side no matter if Gaitan fall would have been called, in or outside the box, as it should have and as I have admitted back then.

I honestly just would like to see our league being played without any refereeing mistakes favouring or going against the top sides, that's all.
Haja paciencia para ti meu.... porra....

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
we should have Man City scouts more often at our matches :D

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I always welcome Felipe's pinpoint analysis. He always makes sure if the ref rules in favor of Benfica (BAD CALL!) or Sporting (GOOD CALL!) before giving his take.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts