Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're headed to the Pedreira tied for first to play an always hard Sporting de Braga team this Sunday. Without looking it up I'm pretty sure that we haven't beat Braga in Braga since Quique's last season when Jorge Jesus was still coaching the local Arsenal.

This will be a tough game since they have been playing a very high octane Football in the past years.

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
it's at 18.00 GMT

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
the game is about to start, 10mins to kick-off:D

starting line-ups according to Mais Futebol:

SP. BRAGA: Quim; Baiano, Douglão, Ewerton ; Paulo Vinícius; Mossoró, Djamal ; Hugo Viana; Alan, Lima ; Hélder Barbosa.

BENFICA: Artur Moraes; Maxi Pereira, Luisão, Garay ; Emerson; Witsel ; Javi Garcia; Ruben Amorim, Pablo Aimar ; Gaitán; Oscar Cardozo

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Ana, Lima will be their striker, Helder Barbosa will be on the left wing. 4-3-3 for Braga.

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
im pasting from Mais Futebol:D

off to the sofa to watch it on Sport Tv in a min

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
lol the lights are out and slowly coming back......

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
pathetic

lights out before the game started, lights out twice during the 1st half, and here we are waiting for them to comeback and the game to resume :wallbang:

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
unbelievable

3rd interruption in the game

this has to be on purpose, very dirty and shameful

just cancel the game ffs

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
Braga 1-0

Proença calls for an unbelievable penalty....i reckon we should start playing with armless players :rolleyes:

clearly his face isnt hurting anymore

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
did u see the penalty?

on that game i told u i found one to be a wrong call, one to be dubious and one to be a good call....

in this match we were playing crap (so was braga) until the 1st lightout....then there were 2 more...is that normal? of course not, its Braga 's dirty game

and now this pk?

its clear that PDC is not sleeping tonight

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
1-1 FT.

Phew. :D

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
u say phew and i say phew aswell!

now i know why vitor pereira said he was feeling very calm :D

terrible game, we played so bad that i'm not even sure how we managed to leave with a draw lol

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
did u see the penalty?

on that game i told u i found one to be a wrong call, one to be dubious and one to be a good call....

in this match we were playing crap (so was braga) until the 1st lightout....then there were 2 more...is that normal? of course not, its Braga 's dirty game

and now this pk?

its clear that PDC is not sleeping tonight
Yes I saw the penalty and I think it weas a good call. I find it annoying to see any single time that a ball touches the arm or hand of a player being called as handball these days but that seems to be FIFA/UEFA's indications to refs because that is not only happening in Portugal. Having said so, Emerson jumped with his arm slightly raised and the ball was deflected by hios elbow. I've seen them called for much less than that so I can't see the big fuss about it. Actually the same goes to Emerson himself as he practically didn't complain about the decision.

About the lights out being on purpose I find it a ridiculous claim. Why would Braga do that? What would they gain with it? As if that would have cut an hypothetic intense attacking pressure that your club was putting on them. :D The game was even and the power failures had no influence whatsoever in what happened in it.

Anyway, congrats for your draw. I only watched until Sporting's game started but from what I've seen until then I think it was rather a case of you winning a point than losing two.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Artur Moraes: «Sempre que acelerávamos, a luz caía»

«O empate foi positivo, dadas as circunstâncias. Sempre que acelerávamos, na primeira parte, a luz caía. Depois de o Sp. Braga marcar, nunca mais faltou a luz. Sempre que o Benfica joga em Braga acontecem coisas do outro mundo

«Na grande penalidade o Lima escolheu bem para onde rematar. É um excelente jogador, muito experiente.»

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/desporto/benfica-artur-moraes-artur-maisfutebol-futebol-iol/1296187-4062.html

Whatever, stuff always happens when Benfica visits Braga so I don't agree with the penalty but a draw is better than a loss.
Still tied for first after visting Dragao and Pedreira.

And Record:

Também na conta oficial do seu Twitter (@arturmoraes1), o guarda-redes escreveu: "Em Braga temos sempre que jogar contra 11 e mais os truques fora de campo!! Valeu a luta".

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=725458

Just find it weird coming from a guy that played for Braga last year :smileani:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Didn't watch the game, but it looks like I didn't lose much. Just the ordinary cheating that we're used to in the portuguese league, especially in the Braga games. Hardly surprised.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts